UVA Fall Transfer 2023

Hi all! I wanted to start a thread for prospective transfer students (Fall 2023) for UVA! Does anyone know the timeframe for transfer students such as decision date?

3 Likes

Hey there! I’m pretty sure decisions comes out by May 1st, but from what I’ve seen in the past, decisions come out during the last Friday of April pretty often? I could be wrong, but I think that’s what usually happens.

2 Likes

Hey! From previous years, I think they usually come out before May 1st.

1 Like

Okay thank you! I’m an OOS student and I’m pretty nervous! I’m not too sure what my chances are so I’m hoping for some good news! Are you/have you transferred to UVA or know anyone that has?

I literally just submitted my application LMAO so hoping for good news too! I do know a couple people who have transferred, so trying to gauge off of them tbh… good luck to you too though!! Where are you trying to transfer from?

Got waitlisted after freshman year, re-applied this year as a junior transfer! fingers crossed everybody

1 Like

Clemson! I have absolutely loved my experience but there isn’t much opportunity for Pre-Law students and my original choice of study (International Relations) was removed :frowning:

Good luck!

Applied as a junior transfer! Major in Economics. Rly hope that I can get in.

Does anyone know if there is a Discord for transfers or can anyone chance me? I’m super nervous and UVA is a dream for me!

2 Likes

No one here is an admissions officer. There is no point in asking someone to chance you. Just have confidence and hope in your application and you should be fine.

I know that. Just wasn’t sure if anyone was familiar enough with the process or what UVA looks for. Thanks

I’m an admission officer and even I can’t chance people online. For transfer admission, taking care of the transfer course requirements listed on our website along with having strong grades is the most important thing. The requirements are specific to each school/college/program, so there isn’t one set of courses we’re looking for.

The timeline chart on the instruction page is correct, but we always release decisions early if we can.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you!

Thank you Dean J!!

My son is about to finish up his Associate in Science (AS) degree in Computer Science (CS) with GPA 4.0 in a California community college. I wonder what are his chances of transferring to UVA for CS major in the fall. Any insight would be much appreciated.

when are the decisions coming?

1 Like

Some people have guessed they will release decisions at the end of month, two weeks from now.