UVA or Georgetown?

I’m having a hard time deciding between UVA and Georgetown for nursing. UVA has the college town, sports, and (possible) Greek Life that I want, but I feel like Georgetown is more prestigious, and the neighborhood of Georgetown is great! However, both have great hospitals and connections for nurses. Does anyone have any thoughts?

My son and I both graduated from UVa, but not for nursing. I’ve heard many great things about UVa’s nursing program. Cville is an interesting and very cosmopolitan town near many beautiful scenic areas. UVa’s huge hospital complex is right next door to the University, and it is easy to find housing within walking distance of the U. and the hospital.

You do not need to decide until the end of April. I would attend an accepted student event at each university. Spend time checking out the nursing facilities and talking to current nursing students at that event. UVa built a big new nursing education building about 6 years ago.

Keep in mind that DC is a very expensive city, and that housing and food in DC will be more expensive than in Cville.

In any case, prestige is not that important for nursing. You will have no trouble getting a good job with a degree from either nursing program.

So true. It’s very easy to find a job. Just keep the grades up. My dd is graduating in May. She only applied two hospitals, Georgetown and Washington Hospital Center, and got both jobs.