Uva???

<p>Just observing the competition. LOL</p>

<p>ok, we all know that people that get into uva are indeed way smarter than people that get in at VT, so what is your point, oh the competition, probably none to worry about at vt, unless you are talking about burger king cashier applications, then thats when you need to start worrying</p>

<p>Higher GPA and SAT's don't equate to higher intelligence. There probably is a correlation, but that is really too much of a generalization.</p>

<p>ya, i agree.</p>

<p>It all depends on what are you comparing to. If say you are comparing Engineering, then Virginia tech has far more programs and activities than UVA. UVA is a better shchool overall, like good at business and law. </p>

<p>So it all depends on what is your major.</p>

<p>Hahaha..Psquared is a douche.</p>

<p>If we're talking about Engineering here, than UVa is definitely not the place to go!</p>

<p>I invite anyone to do what I did: take a tour of the UVa Engineering facility, then take a tour of VT's Engineering facilities. (Note the use of the singular and plural versions of the word "facility.") That should give you enough to compare and contrast between the two schools; I certainly would pick VT Engineering over UVa's.</p>

<p>As for other academical areas, I'm not familiar with any ratings/rankings/etc. between the two schools.</p>

<p>question: i want to go into Biomed eng. and Tech doesnt offer it...but i was accepted to tech's engineering program...so i guess my question is tech's eng. program harder to get into that UVA?</p>

<p>don't go to a school b/c one is harder to get into than the other, if you really like uva, you should go to uva, if you really like tech you should go to tech, going to a school you don't like just b/c it is harder to get into will make you have no fun, and your grades won't be as good as they might have been at the school that you really wanted to go to</p>

<p>choose the school that you like, not the school that is "better"</p>

<p>
[quote]
Hahaha..Psquared is a douche.

[/quote]

personally i find it a lot funnier when people say d-bag</p>

<p>well i havent been accepted to UVA yet...im just wondering is it a fair comparison to say that cuz i got into Tech Eng. that ill probably get into UVA eng...comparetivly is Tech eng harder to get into than UVA's engineering school,...i dont know whether i want to go to either school yet...</p>

<p>i think the two schools are looking for two different types of students, what gets you in at tech might not be what gets you in at UVA, and vice versa, techs program is ranked better than UVA's, but that does not mean one is better than the other, it just means they offer different things to their students, no matter which one you choose you will have made a good choice, the major difference is that you will probably come out more well rounded at uva engineering than tech for engineering</p>

<p>yes but is UVA's harder to get into than that of Tech's or is Tech's harder to get into than that of UVA's,..i know there might be different factors involved but ingeneral which oen is harder to get into...im not saying that i would go to UVA or to Tech and im not goign to be basing my desicion on which one is harder to get into im just wondering...</p>

<p>I would say that UVA's is still harder to get into. The USNEWS ranking (which itself is subjective - what does it mean?) does not have a heavy correlation with acceptance difficulty. For example, Cornell engineering is ranked much better than Columbia's, but also easier to get in.</p>

<p>UVA... #2 or #1 Public university.... Va Tech, 3rd best state college after UVA and W&M (William & Mary)... </p>

<p>Great students stand out no matter the college... </p>

<p>Considering Va is the 4th fastest growing job market in the US, highly consentrated in IT, go figure why recruiters want UVA or Tech grads...</p>

<p>i think logitech's question was
vt normal acceptance rate= 67 ish %
uva normal = 39%
uva engineering = 58%
what is vt engineering's acceptance rate ?</p>

<p>I wonder that too. Several of my friends were accepted to VT, but were rejected from Engineering.</p>

<p>what we're your friends stats just curious.</p>