UW Academy Robinson Center

Have any of you applied to the UW Academy this year? I applied to this program and have been anxiously waiting for the letters to be sent out next week. I don’t know anyone else from my school who was interested in the UW Academy, so I was looking for people to talk about it with.

aayo :smiley:
idk if anyone else will see this/if you’re even active here anymore but I’m in the same boat as you! So glad to have happened upon this thread
I PM’d you btw

I got in this year, so I’d be happy to discuss it with anyone who checks this thread in the future.

heyooo!
I still check up on this site. How’s everything going? c:

I know this is an old thread, but could anyone help me with my chances of being accepted?

Objective:

SAT/ACT: none (not required for 2021 admissions)
Unweighted GPA: 3.88
AP: AP World History Modern: 4; AP Computer Science Principles: 4; AP Human Geography 3
Awards: Inline speedskating national medals

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Inline speedskating (regional and national medalist), tennis (mainly recreational), DECA (state level), Orchestra (lead violist in chamber orchestra)
Did Bollywood Dance and Carnatic Singing; National speedskater
Job/Work Experience: None
Volunteer/Community service: In National Honors Society; none
Essays: Some say it’s very good, some say needs work
Teacher Recommendation: Very good
Additional Rec: Good
Hooks:
Talked about surviving a flood
Took AP Human Geography in 8th grade and passed with 3, took AP World History: Modern and AP Computer Science Principles and passed with 4 in freshmen year, this year (sophomore) am taking AP Chemistry, AP Statistics, and AP US History

Other:

State: WA
School Type: Large Public School
Ethnicity: Asian

Reflection:

Strengths:
Being Asian in a predominantly white school used to make me ashamed of my culture. But now I embrace it.
Taking and passing AP HUG in 8th grade might seem good, but passed with a 3 so I really don’t know. APs look good, and also took a bunch of honors classes.
Weaknesses: GPA

Thank you :slight_smile:

Lol I’m coming here for 2022 admissions advice, sent my application almost a month ago. Not expecting a timely reply, but might you have any advice for appeals(if I am rejected)? Wish me luck

Hey! I’m applying to the UW Academy this year and was wondeirng if you ever got accepted

Nah, very interesting story though. I’ll DM you soon about it.

Hi, I also submitted an application for this coming year. Would you like to discuss it?

Sure. HMU with a dm any time.

Hey I can see this is an old thread but for anyone who has applied to UW academy could you explain what the process is like? ( if its like common app? ) I will be a sophmore this year and want oppinion if i have a good chance of getting in for the 23’-24’ cycle.

I didn’t take any high school classes in middle school ( does this hurt my application? )
freshman year : honors english & history classes but regular math and science class, took AP Japanese and got a 4
sophmore year : will be taking 5 AP classes however ( AP Calc AB, AP Bio, AP Human Geo, AP CS Principles, AP Art & Design, intro to lang H ( required ) ), ive been considering taking the SAT or ACT as well
extra curriculars

• Pre Professional Ballet
  • Dance Company member for competitive dance
  • Founded a Women in STEM club
  • President of Japanese Student Association
  • Conducted Individual research on neuroscience + published
  • Stanford Neuroscience Journal Club member
  • Family Responsibilities, working at familys business
  • Will be competiting in ISEF regionals and Junior Science & Humanities Symposium for State

can someone dm me if they want to chance me

Hey would you like to discuss the process together if your applying this period?