UW Admissions

<p>Hey
How strict are UW with their admissions, would a poor GPA let me down for instance ? What could i concentrate on to have a good shot at UW ?
Here are my stats:
16 Caucasian junior
International/American (never lived in US but I hold citizinship)
Goes to Dutch school with about 14 mandatory classes
GPA 3.2-3.5 ----ouch,, but it's a tough educational system where A's are rare.
PSATS 1800(2400) I am taking the real deal in march and soon after SAT I World History(my freaky passion so i expect great score)
Amazing Rec's
Good EC's
7 years club soccer
Class President
I am going to the Norwich FLC
3+4 years job exp. (different jobs)
and some other great things but this is just to give a general idea.</p>

<p>What should i improve on to get into the L&S at UW
Any remarks would be awsome
Cheers</p>

<p>See the UW website, freshman admissions, to the right click on the phrase that gives a table- it gives gpa/sat,act chances for admission.</p>

<p>Your GPA should not be too much of a concern at this point. I suspect your application will be viewed separately given your unique circumstance. </p>

<p>Try to prepare and do well in SAT and/or any national-type exams. Research on Wisconsin (via the website!) as you work on the essay. If I were reading your essay, I would be more interested to learn why are you heading to US and specifically Wisconsin. Start a conversation with the admission office during the summer and plan to submit your application as soon as the admission cycle begins in September.</p>

<p>so i have an UW gpa of 3.45 with an average SAT in the 800-690 range (isnt that a HUGE range)?) it says i have a 70% chance of acceptance... but my gpa is the weakest part of my app... my ecs are amazing as are my recs, and my courseload is most rigorous... on the other hand i applied late (right at the deadline really)... so i dont know what to think</p>

<p>OP- sorry if it seems like im hijacking your thread, but im not trying to... if you do get an 1800 with a 3.5, according to the chart, you have a 30% chance of acceptence...</p>

<p>if anyones lookin for the chart here it is</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>no i wouldn't classify your remark as hijacking it's ok ... thanks for all the advice
Cheers</p>