UW Chances

<p>GPA: 3.9/4.0 (.35 points away with my percentage grade from a 4.0)
Class Rank: 45/514</p>

<p>I expect both the GPA and class rank to go up slightly this year, as they haven't been calculated after second semester Junior Year, and that has been my strongest semester thus far.</p>

<p>ACT: 32 (28 Eng, 29 Rdg, 34 Sci, 36 Mth)
SAT: 700 Math, 600 Reading, 640 Writing I will be taking again this fall, and I'm expecting improvement over last fall when I got these scores.</p>

<p>SAT 2: 740 Math 2, 700 Chemistry, 640 Literature
AP Tests:
World History- 3
Chemistry- 3
Physics B- 3
Computer Science A- 4
English Language/Composition- 4</p>

<p>My Senior Schedule:
AP Biology
AP Calculus AB
Dual Credit English 4
Student Council Officer
Professional Internship Program (20+ hr/wk internship at a local hospital)
AP Psychology</p>

<p>EC's
Boy Scouts- Eagle Scout
Baseball- School and EC
Work: Little League Baseball Umpire since '05, PetSmart Cashier (about 25-30 hrs/wk, slightly less during school year)
Student Council- I will be the Secretary this year
National Honor Society
Mu Alpha Theta
Senior Interact
Computer Club
Chess Club
I attended a summer program called NNAYI, 65 natives from across the US who are interested in health professions, and it was basically 9 days of seminar from 6 AM to 8 PM
Hospital Internship this Fall</p>

<p>Basically, I've taken all of the hardest courses offerred at my school, all of them are PreAP/Honors/AP if possible. I'm a registered Native American, Cherokee tribe, yay minority status. I'm planning on being a Cognitive Neuroscience major, PreMed as well. I suppose it will probably have to be Neuroscience with a minor in cognitive sciences, but close enough. I'm also working very very hard on my applications, I already have almost all of it done, and I'm going to refine my essays for the next couple months.</p>

<p>Um, are you sure UW has an undergraduate cognitive neuroscience major? I can't find it.</p>

<p>Cognitive Neuroscience is more my general preference for my area of study. Some of the schools I'm applying to have Neuroscience or Cognitive Science, with a minor in the other, some are Psychogy with a concentration in neuroscience... From school to school it'll be slightly different, but that's my target area. I think Brown is the only school with an actual Cognitive Neuroscience program, but just what I'm shooting for.</p>

<p>Your stats sound great. With your ability don't super obsess for months on the essays, do a good job and get your application in when allowed in Sept. With rollling admissions you should get a quick answer and will know you have a good school you can attend while you do the most elite college admission apps. Your key essay point may be why you want to go to UW. Good luck.</p>

<p>Your stats are pretty good. I suggest you send your ACT score unless you can improve your reading + math (which would be easy for you, since as i've seen, you've got a 36 on the ACT math). Try getting a 1400 combined and you're in.</p>

<p>yeah, I'm taking the SAT again this fall. I think I should do somewhat better than before. I'd like to see 700+ across the board, higher in math obviously, and then I'd be satisfied.</p>

<p>I think my ACT score was my saving grace though, haha.</p>