UW Class of 2023- Regular Decisions

rejected

i got waitlisted and i’m sad:( but they said they have a 28% acceptance rate off the waitlist so hopefully i’ll get in

Wait guys why don’t I see a decision from Wisco?

Did you go in the student center of SIS?

Weird…I was so not expecting a decision today. Son was accepted as an undecided major.

-snip-

I don’t see any decisions. It says my application will be reviewed by the deadline and that they received my info.

Accepted !
Deferred EA, In-State
GPA: 3.83 UW
ACT: 28
Major: Genetics and Genomics at CALS
Probably got deferred because I screwed up my grades second semester of junior year (got a C, a B- and some Bs), but that turned around this school year with As in 4 UWGB classes and all As in my high school classes.

When I read that decisions were released, I started shaking more than someone would while standing in -50 degree weather in shorts and a t-shirt.

@Trillian9955 CEO provides support for students, there is a mentoring program for first year students, there’s a student space with computers and free printing, there is programming to help support college success, access to free tutors, priority registration for classes, support for completing financial aid forms. CEO students have a CEO advisor and then a major advisor, the CEO advisor will check-in with them more often, major advisors usually have 300-500 students assigned to them, CEO advisors have around 75, so they have more time to help students and ensure they are successful.

@jqw83 Congrats!. Yes it was. There are two routes for entry to WSB. Check out the website to find out more.

How is that a contingency? Basically she will be admitted if she agrees to getting extra help? There’s no extra classes etc? I did read the above on the site thanks but I assumed contingent as having to do something extra like start in summer or something. Is it like a sympathy admit or something?

@Wiscgirl Is there a division of UG studies at Madison? I didn’t see an undecided college when D applied or a LA college.

Accepted into LAS! Was not expecting a decision today either.
OOS / Asian
GPA: 3.61
ACT: 29

of APs: 6

Waitlisted
International Asian
Applying for engineering (mechanical)
ACT: 34
SAT MATH 2: 800, Physics: 770
Class rank: 4/55
TOEFL: 112/120
No GPA system, but my predicted was about 92%

Kinda disappointed…

D Accepted
contingent of CeO (whatever that is)
GPA: 3.9 UW
Good amount of AP classes
Captain Tennis
Swim team
FBLA and other clubs
NHS/INHS
College of Education
Asian/American
OOS

I was waitlisted and want to email an admissions officer to let them know that I am still interested even though I was waitlisted but cannot find the page. Are there different admissions officers for each state because I cannot find the list. Can someone please help me.

Also does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist. If I get off I want to go to this school but do not know my chances.

Someone earlier in this thread said 29%, but it all depends on how many people accept their admission

On student center it stated that we are placed on the waitlist in an unranked order. Does that mean you are offered admission based on when you confirm your waitlist spot? Thanks

Accepted !!
International Asian
Applied for Computer Science
SAT: 1520
IB predicted: 39