UW Class of 2023- Regular Decisions

Accepted with direct admission to the Business School!
OOS (CA)/white female
1490 SAT, 4.2 W GPA
8 AP’s, lots of extracurriculars

Accepted!

Mechanical Engineering
OOS
Asian
34 ACT
3.63 UW/ 4.46 W

Accepted

College of Letters and Sciences
OOS
White male
1420 SAT
3.98 W (w/o senior grades 3.92 W)
7 AP’s

Accepted

LAS
Asian International
1500 SAT 780 M2C
35 IB

@Trillian9955 I’m not sure that Wisconsin has a special program for undecided majors the way that some colleges do. I guess I’ve never heard of one. It was an option to choose undecided when he filled out the application though. Portal says he is in the college of letters and sciences. Hopefully it is not too horrible to get into a specific major after that…I know there are issues at some schools where students can’t get into their majors.

S acccepted

OOS white male
Awesome kid.
WU is top ten in his field and the only school he applied to out of state that has it all.

• Very proud papa

I got waitlisted for Business…
But I have other good options (Purdue Engineering, UIUC business,…etc) , so I think I’m going to decline waitlist offer.
Most of my classmates who applied to UW Madision got waitlisted/rejected as well. Maybe it was more competitive for this year…?

D Accepted into College of Letters and Science - CS major (second choice) - after EA deferral
OOS
GPA: 4.05W
ACT: 32

of APs: 4 + mostly honors

so-so EC and community service
so-so essay

Good luck to all!

Accepted
LAS CS Major
OOS
GPA: 3.86 UW
SAT:1510
Took 11 AP and all honors

Hopefully this helps (?)

S was rejected for Chemical Engineering.
OOS
GPA: 3.3 with strong upward trend
ACT: 32
2APs + 4 college classes (thru PSEO)
Deferred during EA, submitted senior year fall semester grades (4.0)

Bummer :frowning:

@Trillian9955 there must be something in her application that was below the average, you don’t list an ACT/SAT score for her above, so I’m assuming that. I think they looked at her GPA and thought she can be successful but her test scores indicate that she needs support, so that would be my guess as to why her admission is conditional.

Yes her SAT/ACT score was underwhelming 1130 to be exact it was too late to edit when I realized I left it out, brought down by math. Most of her classes that mattered were AP or honors with dual credit. Trust me we were shocked she didn’t get deferred or waitlisted or flat out rejected. Univ of Minn was only rejection along with waitlist from Purdue. PSU, UIUC accepted however if this program includes extra support for transition that can only be a plus depending on how much more the cost is. This just makes her decision more difficult since we were looking at PSU as her #1 choice and UIUC was fine by her since friends are going. Any thoughts on these 3 schools? She is looking at global studies international relations possibly law or business.

there is no cost to be part of CEO, it’s funded by a federal grant. I would go with whatever school makes financial sense for your family and that she’s happy with, they are all great choices, congrats to her!

@california01 Yes it was. You can find information on the business school’s website.

@Trillian9955 https://ceo.wisc.edu

My son was waitlisted. I’m sorry for all the disappointment here. Take care everyone. This is tough. Wishing you all happiness. :slight_smile:

I got waitlisted

@UWprincess I am not interested in business so I am not sure what you are referring to

My daughter was WL as well. Deferred on Dec. 21 after applying in October. So much for EA. She will not accept the WL as she was accepted off the WL for her first choice ivy yesterday. Go figure WL for UWM but accepted to ivy…lol

ACT: 35
SAT: n/a
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.9 WTG
Extra: top prep school, 11 AP’s, leadership, 2 sports all 4 years (3 varsity letters each), 300 volunteer hours, art awards (state level), debate awards (state level)
State Residency: OOS
Ethnicity: White

@california01 my apologies, the response was meant for @jqw83.