UW Madison chance me!

I am looking into this school because I am interested in nursing. I know the nursing program is very competitive, so I am applying to 7 other schools as well. But, I would still love to know my chances with this school!

What are my chances of getting accepted into the nursing program?

unweighted gpa: 3.75
weighted gpa: 4.3
ACT: 27, im retaking it

college courses:

• 4 biology courses
  • chemistry course
  • nutrition course
  • psychology course
  • 3 history courses
  • 2 English courses
  • sociology course
  • allied health education course
  • 4 years varsity drill team
  • 4 years varsity gymnastics (captain)
  • interact club (officer)
  • International club (officer)
  • kids corps club
  • Unified club

Instate? Then possible. Sorry to say, a 27 for an OOS student at UW is a no-go.

First you need to be admitted to the university as a whole. Have backup schools.

If you are admitted to UW Madison, you have to decide if you want to take the risk of not being admitted to the School of Nursing. You wouldn’t apply until the spring of your 4th semester, so your high school stats will mean nothing, it will be all about what you’ve done on campus. It is a competitive admittance, so what’s more important to you: A. Getting a BSN or B. getting your degree from UW Madison.

I think UW has now jumped the shark a bit since it went to common application and is now up to 45 percent out of state. It is a very hot and popular school. Obviously great. Plenty of 4.3 and 32 in Cali were rejected this year. I think it gets only harder. If you want to go the Midwest nationally its seems its ND, Michigan or UW. Only one is Madison and jumps around

wow, really those are the only three midwest schools? Has anyone called Northwestern, U Chicago, Wash U, Carleton, Grinnell, Macalester, and Oberlin to let them know

Fair point. Other than NU they are small liberal arts schools that are great. They don’t regularly spawn Nobel prize winners or have big time sports or have alumni that proliferate the Fortune 500. They don’t really patent or syndicate much. If you want Hemingway and Steinbeck good schools.

Oops. Other than Chicago of course.