UW-Madison Chancellor's Scholarship

<p>Anyone on CC get the invite to apply (deadline February 1st)?</p>

<p>i did!</p>

<p>10 char</p>

<p>Got it just on Friday though! I need three Recommendations but my recommenders will barely have time.</p>

<p>Nice, I'm just using the 2 teacher recs and my counselor's rec (with a few adjustments) for my recommendations.</p>

<p>Do you think it's okay to use the same recs? My CC seemed to think so.....</p>

<p>The same people you picked for college applications seem logical for scholarship apps- you chose the ones most able to give you the best recommendations and it is easy for them to use their computer to modify their rec for this purpose.</p>

<p>damn it, that's due feb 1st isn't it...**** i got like 40 min....</p>

<p>It's a paper application. There's no way to submit online.</p>

<p>Hey, I want to revive this thread.....I applied, but have a question --- does anyone know off hand when we hear if we are chosen for the scholarship?</p>

<p>Thanks! This is an awesome opportunity!</p>

<p>My question aswell.</p>

<p>Yeah.....I've done some research but still haven't found a date......however, on Madison's site I did see a lady/man (which one is "it"? haha) to contact if we had any questions.....do you think I should give him/her a call or email?</p>

<p>By the way, does "10 char" just mean "excitement(!)"?</p>

<p>Ah, I'm really anxious right now! </p>

<p>I was away from my phone this evening and just saw that I had a missed call from a "no number". This lady named Marseulle Lee (sp?) left a message saying she's anxious to talk to me and hopes that my family is doing well. All she said is that she's from UW-Madison, not what the call was for.....</p>

<p>She also said that she'd call me again soon.....does anyone know what this is about?</p>

<p>
[quote]
By the way, does "10 char" just mean "excitement(!)"?

[/quote]

"10 chars</p>

<p>Term used to meet the minimum 10 character posting requirement on most online forums. "</p>

<p>hahahahha. okay. </p>

<p>Did anyone else get this call? I am so mad that I missed it! I'm glad she's going to call again though.....</p>

<p>I was looking through the email that first invited us to apply and, what do you know, it was signed "Mercile J Lee", the person who called me! </p>

<p>Keep us updated if you get this call as well or an email. I'll probably talk to her again tonight, so I might knwo what this means by the end of the day!</p>

<p>hahahahha. okay. </p>

<p>Did anyone else get this call? I am so mad that I missed it! I'm glad she's going to call again though.....</p>

<p>I was looking through the email that first invited us to apply and, what do you know, it was signed "Mercile J Lee", the person who called me! </p>

<p>Keep us updated if you get this call as well or an email. I'll probably talk to her again tonight, so I might knwo what this means by the end of the day!</p>

<p>For anyone interested -- they are calling those chosen for the program this minute!
I just chatted with Ms. Lee and they are offering me the scholarship! </p>

<p>AHHHHH, I am so excited!</p>

<p>Congratulations, dpattz! :D That's so exciting!</p>

<p>That's so awesome! I would so want to be in your shoes. What are your stats? Top of your class or what? I mailed my stuff on the 30th of January (I know, I called and was told that as long as it was postmarked by February 1), when did you mail yours?</p>

<p>Thanks so much, hopefully everyone on here will get it! haha, the lady I spoke with, Mercile, was hilarious. haha, she basically made me want to go there just to meet her! haha. </p>

<p>Anyway, I think I mailed mine in perhaps a few days before the 1st, but, thinking back, it was actually quite close to the deadline, so it might have even been on the 1st. I'm not sure.
I am just so excited -- I really don't know why they chose me! Anyway, the program sounds amazing and the full tuition bit is quite appealing, especially during these times. </p>

<p>Ms. Lee said finalists will get a letter from the chancellor as well as her, which will give us information about the program. This sounds so amazing! Again, I can't believe I got it! Good luck to all, post if you got it! </p>

<p>Anyway, here are my stats. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.87 UW
rank: N/A; I go to a very competitive college prep school in St. Paul, MN, however and have had a great relationship with my counselor and I guess (I haven't read it) my school report showed that.
SAT: 2200
EC's: Math Club (club leader 11, 12)
Science Club (leader 11, 12)
MOSAIC Diversity Club (leader 11,12)
Environmental Club (Leader 11,12)
Amnesty International
Tutors' Guild
300+ hours of community service (including service trips to Mexico and Tanzania)
-various projects on my reservation; raise money and awareness at my school; inter-tribal committees</p>

<p>Subjective: I loved my essays. I felt like they showed my passions as well as my writing skill (without trying to brag ;)). I talked about my involvement in my tribe (I'm Native American) and how I hope to bring something unique to Madison and, namely, the scholars program.)Ah, I am just so excited. If you want to know more, I'd be happy to answer! </p>

<p>Also, this makes me really curious about my chances to other schools that I have not heard from. Granted this opportunity definitely puts Madision up on my list (!), I still have to hear from these schools that probalby "top" my list. So, if you have any input on these, let me know! </p>

<ol>
<li>Stanford University </li>
<li>WashU in St. Louis</li>
<li>Northwestern University</li>
<li>Duke University </li>
</ol>

<p>Eh? </p>

<p>:)!</p>