UW-Madison Chancellor's Scholarship

<p>Sorry annabanana, but probably yes. I just got a letter from the chancellor yesterday (and got the call very early March), so, I'm guessing Mercile is pretty much done making calls.....:(. Good luck with everything though! </p>

<p>PM me if you have any other questions.</p>

<p>Hey all, </p>

<p>I got a letter from the chancellor yesterday and one from Mercile today, both of which were congratulatory and inspiring (which is what I need right now;) ). Anyone else get this stuff?</p>

<p>I just wish they would send out letters saying "sorry we did not choose you" or something of that fashion so that I could know for sure.</p>

<p>:(...oh well, good luck to all who recieved this great opportunity!</p>

<p>^^I'm sorry AnnaBanana.....what other schools are you in/waiting to hear back from?</p>

<p>I got a call from Marcille today. I was offered the Powers-Knapp Program which is similar to the Chancellors Scholars.</p>

<p>For me its only between UW-madison and University Of Illinois-urbana. But since I didnt get this scholarship I am going to go to U of I, which I still like but not as much as UW... plus there arent as many scholarship opportunities at U of I, at any rate there aren't any as great as the chancellor's scholarship. You are soo lucky!! full paid tuition, that is my dream. For me, UW is OOS and u of I is in-state, so it is cheaper.</p>

<p>omar,</p>

<p>did you apply to that scholarship as well as the chancellor's or did she just offer it to you??</p>

<p>annabanana,
I forgot about the Powers-Knapp part. If you apply for the Chancellor's you are automatically applied for the P-K. If you get the P-K, as an OOS student it would pay the OOS portion of UWs tuition. I don't think it pays books like Chancellor's. It also includes cocurricular program similar to the Chancellor's.</p>

<p>FYI: Powers-Knapp pays full tuition for Wisc/Minn residents.</p>

<p>Good Luck</p>

<p>Congrats Omar!</p>

<p>Does Mercile sound Southern to anybody else here? I couldn't quite pick out her accent......she was really fun to talk to!</p>

<p>She was fun to talk to. She has a good sense of humor. Thanks wildpeace.</p>

<p>annabanana:</p>

<p>I applied for the Chancellor's but was offered the Powers-Knapp.</p>

<p>thanks wildpeace, thats nice to know.but i probably didnt get P-K either. I just wish they would tell us (the ones not chosen) already so I can let U of I know that I will be attending their school. I hate being unsure and waiting so long- its the waiting that really sucks.</p>

<p>I know exactly what you mean annabanana.</p>

<p>Hey guys, </p>

<p>Great news -- I got into Stanford today!</p>

<p>Thats awesome! but arent you going to UW because you got the scholarship or are you still not sure?</p>

<p>Stanford! OMG Congrats dpattzlover! I believe that if your income is under a certain amound (it's a big amount) tuition is waived. You should look in to it.</p>

<p>^^Yeah. I haven't gotten my admit packet yet, which has my finaid package in it. </p>

<p>To be honest, I'll probably take Stanford because it is my dream and I think I would be really silly to turn down one of the top (if not THE top) schools in the country. Also, with this year being so epic (~7% acceptance rate), I would feel crazy turning down this offer. </p>

<p>Perhaps if I turn down Madision you would get my spot?</p>

<p>ARGH, I just registered to CC, but I have been following this specific thread because I'm reallyyyy depending on the Chancellor's Scholarship, but I guess I didn't get it? I really wish they would send me a letter or call or something, and this forum just makes me more and more nervous (but I can't stop checking it, haha). I postmarked my application really really late (I didn't get it until 2 weeks before the postmark deadline because I sought the scholarship on my own, I wasn't invited...maybe because I applied to UW-Madison really late?), and so I don't think I got it. I just wish they'd put me out of my misery.</p>

<p>I got $5000/year at the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities, but my dad still wants me to go to Madison. If I get the scholarship, my decision will be made so much simpler.</p>

<p>dpattz,
Congrats on Stanford. I concur that Stanford is just about tops for you. I know lots of Native American students from my generation who have went to school all over the country. I think it is the safe to say that the most successful academic/career accomplishments were achieved by those who went to Stanford.</p>

<p>dont worry asdfghaya, I havent found out anthing yet either and I am feeling the same way as you. hopefully we will find out soon. </p>

<p>And Dpattz if you do go to stanford, maybe they will give your scholarship to someone else, so maybe you should let them know soon, or at least b 4 may 1st.</p>