UW-Madison chances?

<p>What are my chances of getting into UW-Madison
I'm East Asian origin
I'm a Wisconsin resident
ACT 28 (English 26, Math 33, Reading 28, Science 24) my best out of my ACTs. Other ACTs that were sent were 27 (English 27, Math 31, Reading 26, Science 24)and 26 composite (English 26, Math 30, Reading 23, Science 26). I improved from 26 to a 27 to a 28
un-weighted GPA 3.74
AP classes:
AP world History (A both semesters) 4 on AP test
AP Calculus AB (B both semesters) 5 on AP test
AP Chinese
My other classes had a lot of honors classes through junior year (math, science, english honors). And I took summer school courses to boost my GPA more (with all A).
GPA trend
semester 1 GPA:3.71, semester 2 GPA 3.57, semester 3 GPA 3.83, semester 4 GPA 3.5, semester 5 GPA 3.86, semester 6 GPA 3.83) I am a senior in progress.
I have my two recommendations
I do math team, did drama, debate and forensics, and other things I do outside of school activities include Piano (learned for 8 years) and violin for 5 years .</p>

<p>AP classes in my senior schedule classes:
AP Microeconomics
AP Calculus BC
AP Government and Politics</p>

<p>My high school is pretty rigorous with about 60 or so people who go to UW-Madison.</p>

<p>Apply.</p>

<p>do you think I can get in though?</p>

<p>can anyone else offer me any assistance please!</p>

<p>Madison normally takes the top 10% of students in Wisconsin, so you’re in the ballpark for ACTs, you have some pretty rigorous classes, and a pretty good gpa. What’s your class rank, and have you volunteered at all? I think you’re in the middle range of kids that go to Madison;; you have a good chance of getting in.</p>

<p>A 28 and unweighted 3.7 instate is a likely admit; you may have to wait a while for a decision, as that ACT puts you in the middle and your application decision, if you apply before Nov, could be postponed. Still, as an out of state parent with a kid at UW, and having followed several admissions cycles, I would think that you will be admitted. Keep up the grades, as students have to send midyear reports. </p>

<p>About 72% of Wisconsin resident incoming freshmen applicants were admitted during the last cycle.</p>

<p>I haven’t volunteered though, but I have been focusing on improving my GPA. That’s why my junior year grades improved.</p>

<p>Its a 50/50. You have the scores and GPA, especially since your 33 math equals a 760 SAT, but its gonna be about your essay and what sets you apart. I honestly think you’ll get in. Good luck! Chance back? <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1692015-chance-me-ill-chance-back.html#latest”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1692015-chance-me-ill-chance-back.html#latest&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My school does not send transcripts with class rank. My percent in the class is almost top 20%, as I said my school is pretty competitive. </p>

<p>I will be honest with you. 50/50 with just your stats but your race puts you 80 percent getting in and 20 percent not. UW-Madison is trying to be more Diverse. UIUC is very diverse and has many black, Chinese, etc. students. They pride themselves on diversity. UW Madison lacks it as I know black students feel a bit isolated at UW Madison and I hope that changes, diversity is a must in Universities (my opinion). But facts are UW is trying very hard to be more diverse so you have an excellent chance, amd your credentials are good for public universities.</p>