UW Madison - Computer Science

<p>International student from India. Chance me and will chance you back within 2-3 days.
[ *] College (LSA, engineering, etc.): Computer Science (College of letters and sciences)
[ *] SAT (one sitting): 1960(R-580,W-640,M-740)
[ *] SAT IIs (if sent):Phy-800,M2-750
[ *] ACT:not taken
[ *] UM unweighted GPA: 9th - 8.6/10
10th - 9.4/10
11th - 8.2/10
12th(mid year) - 9.4/10
[ *] Course load (# of AP/IB/H, special courses, etc.):
[ *] Rank: top 1%
[ *] Other stats:
[ *] Subjective (ECs, special circumstances, etc): 2 NATIONAL LEVEL EXAM qualified, INTERNATIONAL CLUB leader, training in JAVA and C++, Community service(150 hrs+), VOLLEYBALL, SCHOOL CAPTAIN, HOUSE BAND(Guitar)
[ *] Essays: quite good
[ *] Teacher Recs: phy teacher( v.good)
[ *] Counselor Rec: principal(v.good)
[ *] Hook (legacy, recruited athlete, etc.):
[ *) Location/Person: India
[ *] State or Country:
[ *] School Type: public
[ *] Ethnicity: Asian
[ *] Gender:male
[ *] major strength/weakness: sat score
[ *] Other Factors/questions: really need some replies. If possible also chance for purdue and penn state(main campus)
Thank you </p>

<p>^Bump…a little help here guyzz please…</p>

<p>I don’t represent UW, but sounds like you’ve got a good chance. All you can do is apply.</p>

<p>Ditto- apply. You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of your intended major. </p>

<p>@wis7 thanks for the comment. I is difficult to get my intended major at these stats?</p>

<p>Read the UW website- you should familiarize yourself with any school you wish to attend. Your college record will determine your ability to successfully complete any major. Your HS background knowledge, ability, aptitude and willingness to do the work will influence your college success no matter where you go. Once you are in college your HS experience is history- it only influences which courses you start with freshman year. If UW admits you they believe you are capable of doing work at UW’s level. Whether or not you do is up to you. Your intended major has no bearing on your admission.</p>

<p><a href=“Chances at the following colleges - Chance Me / Match Me! - College Confidential Forums”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/1700930/chances-at-the-following-colleges&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>The stats you have are decently strong. If at all possible, redo for the reading sat. You’re ECs are definitely good, and your GPA looks alright for UWM. That you’re international helps on one side, since you give a new perspective. However, there is the IS/OOS+international thing, since it’s a public school. You may have to a pay a lot. </p>

<p>Another thing is about your course schedule. If you don’t have any advanced classes at your school, you’re alright. However, if you avoided the advanced classes, that’ll hurt, since colleges like to see people who challenge themselves. </p>

<p>Overall, especially if you can bump up your SAT CR (there’s this thing called Eprep that’s helpful, knocked me up from 640 to 750), can pay for the tuition, and you weren’t avoiding honors courses, UW seems like a match for you. My advice is to apply. You have a shot.</p>

<p>It’s UW, not UWM- that refers to the UW in Milwaukee.</p>

<p>So I got in!! :D</p>

<p>@akshatgoyal Congratulations!</p>

<p>@Madison85‌ Thank You…Can you please help me with some of my Questions!!

1. Can I get any Financial Aid(I am International student(India))…Merit based or need based…anything??
  2. I got into Purdue too, so can you help me deciding which one would be better for Computer science.
    Thank you</p>

<p>@AkshatGoyal Congratulations!</p>

<p>Thank You @Hereford15‌…
Can you help me with my questions above…</p>

<p>My guess is that you will get zero merit aid and zero financial aid from UW Madison. Can your family pay $40000 per year?</p>

<p>Not much merit aid comes from Madison, even for perfect students. According to <a href=“Compute Engine Solutions from IONOS Cloud”>Compute Engine Solutions from IONOS Cloud; , Madison’s computer science program is ranked 20th while Purdue’s is 29th. Although, it all depends where you feel more comfortable and where you can afford.</p>

<p>@Madison85‌ I seriously dont know :frowning: …maybe for 1 year…are there any chances of getting scholarships or anything when I get there…
@Hereford15‌ Okay…thanks for the link :)</p>

<p>You’re welcome. I am still waiting for a decision sadly :frowning: @AkshatGoyal</p>

<p>@Hereford15‌ Good Luck!! I hope you get in!! :)</p>

<p>Thank you!! I can’t wait! I am so nervous! Could you possibly chance me? <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1721498-chance-for-uw-madison-will-chance-back.html#latest”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1721498-chance-for-uw-madison-will-chance-back.html#latest&lt;/a&gt; @AkshatGoyal</p>