UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

@Madison85 Just over 008000.

Are you a Minnesota resident?

Did you apply to any financial safeties?

Are you an underrepresented minority?

@collegeman91

@Madison85

No I am not a Minnesota resident. Yes I applied to some financial safeties. No I am not an underrepresented minority. I don’t expect a large financial aid offer to be honest, or much of one at all.

The 2015-2016 NPC shows COA $45k, $6k in grant aid and $7.8k in work study and loans. After an EFC of $8k, the gap is $23k.

Will applying to any of the scholarships affect my chances to get in?

@Rahulbarcafan No it will not.

do you guys think any out of state decisions will be posted tomorrow?

Yes. Yes I do. 50/50 I’m right.

Haha!!! I agree with @BillPilgrim, it’s 50/50. : )

How do you know its 50/50? I don’t think we’re going to get anything till next Friday.

@hmallory Nobody has any real idea. It’s just guessing at this point. (Most likely people are saying 50/50 simply because there are two Fridays left in the month, and they have typically released decisions on Fridays)
Hoping for this Friday but you never know. Best of luck to everyone who applied!!

P.S. To be honest wouldn’t be surprised if some decisions weren’t released until January 31. We will see.

They’re saying it’s either this friday or next friday. What time did the emails come for people who have already gotten their decisions?

@helicoptermomsUN Who is “They”? If you are referring to UW-Madison, I don’t believe they have said such a thing. If so, I’d love to see where they said that. Most people have said they received a notification between 7-10pm. That is just what I have heard though.

@CollegeMan91 I was referring to the people who suggested that there was a “50/50 chance” of the notification date for OOS applicants tomorrow

@helicoptermomsUN Oh okay I see what you meant. Thanks for clarifying. Also, on the topic of notification time, I also heard that the student center might be updated a little bit before receiving an email, but I cannot confirm that to be true. Best of luck!

Didn’t mean to cause a stir! I was just laughing at BillPilgrims comment because there are only 2 Fridays left before their promised notification date, and they usually notify on Fridays. I hope it’s this week!!! Good luck everyone. : )

Haha! Good luck to everyone!

I need someone’s opinion… I’m out of state from Minnesota with a 3.821 UW GPA and 27 ACT. I just finished my first semester classes (5 A’s and an A-) and I am debating whether I should self report my grades before a decision at the end of January or not? I would rather not be postponed just to be accepted in March than to just submit my high senior grades now and be accepted outright. Should I wait to send them or not!?

It’s worth a try, not sure how much it’ll matter this late in the game.

@Zielske Most likely sending grades now will not have any effect on your admissions decision. Best of luck!