UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

@happykm that’s amazing that you’re ranked 6th in the State of California for “your age” which I assume is 18. Guess you don’t want to play tennis in college because anyone ranked 6th in a state which probably has the best tennis players in the country should be scholarship material, don’t you think?

Nothing here either :frowning:

nothing XDDDDDDD

@jr2016 they could have taken the test at an earlier date and have recently received their updated score is what I meant. Still, it doesn’t affect your decision whether it’s truthful or not.

IlliniHoop! I wish that Illini hoops were a bit better so my son would be excited about U of I. My dad was Illini '57 and I was Illini '89. My son didn’t even want to apply there. He’s only interested in Wisconsin. I hope HappyKM is UnHappyMF in Madison in the fall!

@Natalie278 It could not have increased in the last 5 days…it’s as simple as that. And the fact nobody else received a decision is confirmation that it’s not truthful.

There’s only one more Friday in January, so…

@jr2016 If they took the test on December 12, 2015, the dates when they could receive their final ACT score are from December 22, 2015 – February 5, 2016. January 15-present is in that time frame. It is possible. Unlikely, but possible. I’m not disagreeing and saying they’re telling the truth, I just think it’s important not to discredit someone outright. We have no idea how admissions work in all honesty.

@coffee18 so… unfortunate

UGHHHH >:P :-<

come on Wisconsin!!!

@happykm How did you have an ACT of 31 and a GPA of 3.6 as of last Friday discussing Rhodes College, and today you have a 32 ACT / 3.8 GPA?

My daughter did not hear, but apparently a Chinese exchange student at her school was admitted last night. We are in MN

Just a note for anyone who wish to send midyear reports: I have contacted their office and they told me that I am welcomed to send in any additional information (scores, reports) and they will put them into my file. However, they cannot guarantee that they will be reviewed.

Is anyone else having problems logging into the Student Center? I’m hoping the problem that I’m having is simply a good sign that they may be in the process of updating it

@nicoleK98 It’s working fine for me… (Except for my uncharacteristically slow internet speeds today) I doubt it means they are in the process of updating it though. Best of luck!

@Madison85 , I’m out of state, in Illinois. Too bad we moved in 7th grade, because I used to live in Wisconsin. My family is actually considering moving back to Wisconsin after I graduate so maybe by junior year I would get the in state tuition. But for now, unless I can get almost $30,000 in scholarship, there’s no way we’ll be able to afford it. I’m applying for as many scholarships as I can. It sucks how some of us can be very smart and work really hard in high school but still not be able to go to a top school choice because of money.

@Pinky997 Don’t be mistaken! UIUC is also a top notch school which you would get in state tuition at, but yes I do agree that the price of college is rough.

True, @CollegeMan91 , it’s ranked even higher for engineering than Madison actually. Honestly, the reason I didn’t apply is because it’s too close to home (seems to be a common reason for people). I haven’t enjoyed being in Illinois nearly as much as did in Minnesota and Wisconsin. My parents are probably going to follow me wherever I go to college though anyways… Another thing is that I love a big city vibe, which I don’t really feel in UC. I guess I’m just tired of central Illinois, looking for a change. I wouldn’t have been opposed to Chicago schools, there are some good ones with in-state tuition there, but they’re all so expensive that it doesn’t really make a difference!

@Pinky997 Yeah I guess it just depends on how flexible you really are when it comes to tuition. Sometimes even if not the first choice, it could be more cost efficient and beneficial to go to a certain school. I think that no matter what school you end up (for the most part especially top large schools) you will be able to enjoy your time and get a good education. Regardless I hope all works out for you!