UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Daughter accepted (from Indiana)

ACT 35, SAT 2390
3.95 UW GPA
Class rank 5/770, 15 APs
National Merit Scholar, Varsity athlete, tons of service, top band, etc.

She is excited! Has applied to lots of schools but we do love Wisconsin…

Interestingly enough, I still haven’t received an e-mail, even though I had the acceptance letter show up in the student center back at 6:00 Mountain Tim (7 CST)

so thankful to be accepted to wisconsin!! i’m out of state and i really didn’t expect to get in! don’t really know why i’m posting on here but i would like to give a shoutout to the person who read my application and was like “wow, this kid has ok grades, even got a c+ in a class, but i believe in him because he is gonna try super hard in college!!!”

I applied to the Engineering school but on my acceptance letter is says I was accepted into the college of letters and sciences with intended major in business. Do any of you know what this means?

@nmill29 You sure you applied to the correct school? I would contact admissions. May take a while for them to get back at such a busy time. I’m sure your regional rep would have a good answer though.

Congrats to everyone accepted!!! I got in too!!!
3.67 GPA (4.81 weighted)
1860 SAT
From Maryland
Varsity Athlete, 175 hrs of service, FBLA member

I just got postponed and I’m pretty sad. Wisconsin is my first choice and I just dont want to wait any longer! Anyways, I’m going to self-report my mid year grades and hopefully that will get me in. Does anyone know how to self-report???

Yea I went back to my application and it says intended major is Engineering. Weird, I’ll call admissions tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

Accepted!
New York
31 ACT
3.7 GPA
Fourth Generation!!! So happy :slight_smile: congrats/ good luck everyone!

has anyone received an email yet, or have any idea when the emails will be sent out? im dying over here i cant log into my account and there are no emails and the suspense is destroying me

Accepted!
Illinois
33 ACT
3.7/4.2
Music/choral education
National Merit Commended Scholar, AP Scholar with Honor, National Honor Society. Lacrosse-4 years, musical 4 years.
Congrats to all!!!

@mmwb98 I received my email about 40 minutes ago. However, the email does not say anything about your decision, it simply notifies you that your decision has been posted on the portal.

@mmwb98 Contact DoIT now to try to get your NetID and password situation resolved.

I’ll try to find the link for you.

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/1

UW-Madison Department of Information Technology (DoIT)

Unlike Michigan, it seems like Wis flat out denied a lot of people. Does anyone know if there were a lot denied?

Does anyone know the advantage of self reporting first semester grades versus sending official mid term report? My D took a full load, 3 which were AP (all math and science) and got a 4.0……timing for when they reject or accept those that they deferred? It’s a balance game as she has to accept or define other offers…….incite?

ACCEPTED! OOS, IL - Private School. So excited for my daughter.

For future badgers:

Submitted two ACT’s even though Wisconsin does not super score. highest composite 31

Submitted a 30 composite as well as her math score was higher on the 30 composite. We noticed Wisconsin included all scores in their system, so it may have been good we submitted both.

Unweighted GPA: 3.93, Weighted 4.64 (thru end of Junior year).

3 sport varsity athlete, captain of one sport for 2 years, 4 years student council officer, many volunteer hours. She is a Wisconsin legacy (sister graduated 2015) . My daughter has 2 close friends from same school admitted tonight. One with almost her same GPA and extra curricular’s but a 29 ACT. This says to me that GRADES and strength of curriculum are of paramount importance to admissions (succeed in the most difficult classes you can take). Her other close friend had a higher ACT - I believe 32 with a slightly lower GPA…guessing around a 4.5 weighted. They are all really excited. We have two friends deferred from same school.

To those deferred, I wish you the BEST and I hope you find a home with the badgers.

i finally got an email suggesting i check [my decision via my account], but the problem remains (thank you @Madison85, i called the help desk and left a message)–the problem being that every time i try to set up my account, it says that the number sent to me has already been used to activate an account (which i don’t remember doing, but at this point i’m not sure). when i try to recover my username and password using the email to which the confirmation of my application was sent, it says that it doesn’t recognize the email.

who knows lol i’m just really stressed right now!! thank you to everyone who’s responded to me, congrats 2 everyone who’s gotten in, good luck to everyone who was postponed, and to everyone that didn’t get in: you’ll find something better for you, for sure.

Can you try the DoIT Live Chat?

Anyone accepted who is pursuing a degree in the Wisconsin School of Business know when we will receive an email for applying for the BBA direct admit program??