UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

when are the decisions coming out for international students?

I have still not received a decision :frowning: did you guys get an email about the decision or did you directly check the app status??

Ya, I know, even i haven’t received my decision yet :’(

i haven’t received mine yet

International. Got email to check the portal.

I’ an international student too, but I haven’t received an email. God, the wait is KILLING me. So did you get in?

@Honeybee30 Yes, Letters & Science

thank you for clarifying that! hopefully we might hear in the next 2 days

CONGRATS =) Hopefully I’ll see you there as well

Everyone is admitted to the university as a whole. The default school/college for most is L&S. There are only a few direct admits to Engineering and Business. The rest who want majors in those will need to apply based on their UW records. Good thing- you can change your mind at any time. Most freshmen will have the majority of their classes in L&S- think math/science and breadth requirements.

The waitlist chances will depend on how many admitted students choose to actually attend UW. Make plans for your alternate school.

Accepted to Letters and Sciences!
International student from Canada here, don’t know for sure if I will attend but it the school is definitely one of my top choices. I’m actually surprised I got in, here are my stats to help out future applicants.

Act: 31 composite on my first and only try

Ap tests: 5 for world History, 5 Chinese language and culture, 5 for Macroeconomics, 5 for Microeconomics, 4 for English literature.

Gpa: poor, if I tried to calculate it my Gpa would probably be around Uw Gpa would be around 3.5. However I attend the most competitive and highest ranked public school in western Canada, so I assume I may have gotten a boost for that.

Extracirriculars: ok, I volunteered for a relatively large environmental conservation organization in grade 10,11 and 12. This probably totals a few hundred hours. I also went an orphanage volunteer trip in China when I was grade 9, we stayed there for about a week to help paint the new facilities there. I also attend a number of clubs (I don’t bother list them all) and I am a member of student council.

Recommendations: got one from my councillor and one from our schools social sciences teacher. I am sure that both were superb.

Good luck to all of you! It’s going to be hard choosing between Ubc, Uc Davis, Uc Irvine, and McGill.

Hey guys! I applied to School of Business, but got into College of Letters and Science. I have no idea what College of Letters and Science is. Can someone please explain?

Please forgive my poor grammar, it’s hard to type on the phone.

Same here, I believe it’s because the University does not have business for the first two years of Undergraduate education, so we are first admitted to Letters and Sciences.

@HoneyBee30 @akshatpradhan i’m an intl student too. Got an email to check the portal. Good luck guys :slight_smile:

@RedHerring97 @akshatpradhan this is so intense, I haven’t gotten my email yet :’(. But Good Luck!!! I hope you get in.

@Honeybee30 we might get it today or tomorrow! hang in there :smiley: good luck to everyone who hasn’t received a decision yet…

@idstudent are you gonna go to UW-Madison for sure?

@Honeybee30 Still deciding as Madison is more expensive than CalPoly SLO & Rutgers (Honors College w/ scholarship). How about you?

@idstudent well, I haven’t gotten my decision from UW-Madison yet, but if I don’t get in, I think that I’ll either go to Boston University or University of Washington. Who knows?