UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

@Honeybee30 uWash is awesome!!

@applicantuwmad Many colleges use the college of Letters and Sciences as a secondary for students who aren’t primarily accepted to their choice of major. You can still be a business major, but you will have to work harder to get there. At Letters and Sciences, people work with you to find where your strong suits are and how you should go about making a decision for a major.

Just got an email yesterday at midnight, telling me that I’m waitlisted. Oh well, good luck everyone

Rejected
Act 30
Gpa 3.55 UW
A lot of Ap and honors classes with many extracurricular activities.
Minnesota Resident

@thatJavierguy Did you apply for the Chancellor’s Scholarship?

@klossy There’s next to no automatic merit awarded. Are you a NMF?

Last night my financial aid showed only EFC and the other fields were blank. Today it also shows a number in the Estimated Financial Aid Budget. No aid offered yet. Two other UW colleges offered me Federal Loans and “other loans”. UW Madison did not even offer me that yet. I was not planning on using them but thought the info might be useful to others.

@Madison85 What is NMF? Wait, we have to apply for scholarships? I remember when I filled in my application, I had to write an essay or statement, which is partly used for scholarship review.

UW Madison has separate scholarship application https://scholarships.wisc.edu/Scholarships/ (separate from “Financial Aid”

NMF National Merit Finalist?

Accepted to College of Letters and Science! OOS MO
GPA: 3.73
ACT: 29
3 APs, 2 honors, and a few ECs
I probably won’t end up going though, since financially speaking I’ve got better options. So yeah, another free spot for one of you waitlisted people.

Thanks @akshatpradhan , is UW-Madison your first choice? Would you go there for sure if you get in?

When we went to a pre-admission event the staff member leading it said waitlisted students did not have a HIGH chance of getting in. However, Madison IS taking a higher % of OOS students than in the past. Sorry it is such a painful wait. Waitlisting is CRUEL.

My son was admitted directly to the College of Engineering. 33ACT, 3.5 UW GPA, OOS.

I’m curious if this increase in OOS acceptances has affected the acceptance rate of MN residents, since they don’t provide the financial gain that other out of state residents do. Is there a certain percentage of MN residents required at UW or just WI residents?

@honeywell yes i would definitely! it’s my first choice :smiley:

LOL, it’s @Honeybee30 bro =D Hopefully both of us will get in!

@akshatpradhan which college and major did you apply for?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works. Do they rank students or is it simply whoever was first to accept the waitlist offer is the first to get in?

Having trouble opening my waitlist letter–it opened yesterday but not today (keeps bringing me in a circle back to log in again)–even with closing out of all windows and being patient. . . not sure of what the directions were again.