UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Waitlisted…
MN resident
UW GPA: 3.85
ACT: 28
5 AP, 2 college classes, 130+ hrs volunteering, lots of extracurriculars
Disappointed :frowning: Anyone have more info about the waitlist?

@elise36 sorry about that man…
when did you hear? was it today?

@elise36 Ohh man. I dont really know much about it though. Also did your portal get updated with the decision today?
@akshatpradhan You Indian too? :slight_smile:

yeah! @asdfg123456 I’m from pune :smiley:

When does financial aid come out? I have submitted my FAFSA, do I need to submit anything else? The portal shoes me I need financial aid based on my EFC but it isn’t actually there. I’m also OOS and wondering if that is why- because of Walker’s increase.

I don’t know how I got in… Super excited though.
1900 SAT
3.6 Weighted
10 IB Classes

I did get a 4.1 weighted my junior year and 4.3 weighted my first semester of senior year, so the uptrend probably really helped.

Now I’m just waiting to see if my parents can afford it… definitely will have to take out loans though…

@viewsfromthe6 congrats! Are you OOS? MN? Or instate if you don’t mind me asking.

Thanks!! Yep, OOS from Virginia. I really want to attend, my cousin is a sophomore and he loves it. Also, I love school spirit watching sports and it seems Wisco is perfect for that, haha.

@viewsfromthe6 congrats! When did you receive the decision?

@akshatpradhan heard on the 23rd

Did u guys hear by email or we need to check the portal by ourselves?

I actually found out by email. I was checking my email and saw something from Wisconsin and realized I got in and went crazy. It is also on the portal too, though.

@viewsfromthe6 was it yesterday or today?

Does anybody know when they post their FAFSA? I’ve gotten my award letter from every school but Madison.

@ashleyg1245
Are you out of state? Not sure if this is particular for us OOS students, or those who qualify as low-income, but there may be more documents that you are required to submit to the university after they have received your FAFSA. Check your application status (should be on the upper right corner of the financial aid section) on the portal

Hi guys! I got into Wisconsin Madison for Engineering when they sent out their second notification. I am from Northern Virginia, so I have never visited the school, but applied because of their ranking in Engineering. I have a 4.09 GPA, and got a 1880 on my SAT (680 Math, 580 Reading and 620 Writing). I am on the crew team, an editor for my schools newspaper, and hold some other leadership roles.

I am also from NOVA. FCPS? I go to AHS if you’re familiar with it.

Pretty sure financial aid is blank for lots of people with aid coming. I am IN STATE and my financial aid is EMPTY although the other UW system universities offered me unsubsidized loans. Madison almost certainly has to also because it is no cost to them (am not planning on using this is just FYI).

Are all the second notification decisions apparently going to be released today?

Decisions are released on a rolling basis and they claim to have a deadline of March 30 for 2nd notifications.