UW Madison Fall 2017 Freshman Decisions

Hi everyone, just curious if anyone has heard back from UW Madison yet? Let me know if you have. If not, does anybody know when they will start sending acceptances? I know its by the end of January but I’m not quite sure how early they will send them. Thank you!

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/1933708-university-of-wisconsin-madison-fall-2017-thread.html#latest

One guy HipHopIsMade has got accepted. You can see his post on the thread Madison85 provided to you. Based on last year thread, the earliest possible time is around 12/18.

Just thought I would reply, but typically Madison releases the majority of their early decision to students on the same day, last year all of the applicants in my area received a decision around December 18th

That’s actually good news I was expecting end of January for EA.

Let’s hope most hear before Christmas! It would be awesome!

@meghayes are you in-state or OOS? Last year a whole bunch of OOS’ers received there EA decisions on Jan. 31. However, the in-state’ers got theirs as soon as mid-December or so.

My teacher has a daughter who goes to Madison. She got her decision a few days before Christmas two years ago or so.

I know chances aren’t very accurate but what do y’all think for me.
Unweighted GPA: 3.6
Weighted GPA: 4.74 (school only offers honors and up, is very competitive)
ACT: 33
Have had a part time job year round since sophomore year and played multiple varsity sports.

Wrong forum lol

Yes I am in state. I live in Green Bay so the atudents at my high school found out around this week last year

@JBStillFlying2

@meghayes hopefully you all will hear very soon!

Maybe decisions will start to roll out this Friday??

@wiscogirl1998 Yeah, I got accepted already, but that was because I applied to a scholarship that only accepts 14-16 people per year, and I still do not know if I got it yet. Anyways, In-State and EA has an acceptance rate of over 70%, and if your ACT is around the average, or far above, and you have a decent GPA, you will get in.

Well congrats on getting accepted! And thank you, hopefully I’ll hear back soon!

@HipHopIsMade

Is it possible that decisions will come out tonight?

So, sent a FB message to UW Admissions. They no longer do rolling admissions. So, admission notifications will all be end of Jan this year.

Greetings Andy,

Thank you for contacting the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Admissions and Recruitment. Since we no longer use rolling admissions, all Early Action decisions will be released at the end of January. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

On Wisconsin!

There are already 122 people in the closed Facebook group for UW-Madison Official Class of 2021, so some admission decisions were already released.

just passing on direct communication from the Admission office that I received today. Choose to ignore if you don’t fiind it useful.