UW-Madison Move-In Days . . .

<p>:</a> Move-in days will jam up campus streets next week</p>

<p>That’s why I’m waiting until the next week to visit.</p>

<p>Once classes start you’ll have to time your driving during class hours to avoid the pedestrians- I’ll bet you still remember those odd beginning times, they get permanently etched into your brain after 4 years- 7:45, 8:50…</p>

<p>I avoid campus like the plague during move-in days. I think it will be even worse with all the street construction. And forget about driving through during class changes… :)</p>

<p>At least Observatory is finally open and the 80 and 85 are running up to Bascom. I hate walking up Bascom Hill.</p>

<p>If you did it every day you could live an extra five years–assuming that’s a good thing.</p>

<p>Leaving in a few minutes for Move-In Day. Car’s been packed since last night. 2 hours up to Madison. We’ll be offloading all her gear, maybe helping her loft her bed, suss out room & maybe take a quick trip to Tar-jay, then we gotta be outta there by 4, 'cause she has a dorm meeting at 7. We’re staying over to visit with other friends, so maybe we’ll hook up with her tomorrow at the Farmer’s Market, but this seems untraditionally low-key, compared with my older D.</p>

<p>Instructions to drive to her Lakeshore dorm are specific, so maybe it will be organized and not gridlock. We’ll see…</p>