UW Madison Spring Term Enrollment Program

@mneagles that’s my exact order too! Sellery, witte, smith, and so on from there (all southeast in my top besides Barnard because i don’t want a single). It will all be ok, we spring starters need to stick together :slight_smile:

Don’t worry and congratulations for going to UW! Fall of freshman year students tend to spend more time with people in their dorms but by spring they will branch out to new acquaintances from classes and activities. Do not limit yourself to those starting when you do. This is not high school.

@wis75 Thank you!! We are definitely not implying that we only plan to be friends with spring starters. That said, going into a new situation where others have been there for a full semester longer than us, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with connecting with some other newbies to feel more comfortable starting out :slight_smile:

There will also be transfers. College is not high school- forget all of that social scene. Also realize that UW has a large campus so most will not know most of it- only where they have been. The first week of classes will find everyone figuring out buildings and how to best get from point A to B…

@mneagles @lilybeebadger, did either of you end up enrolling at UW this spring as part of this STEP program? My son just got waitlisted at UW and received an email regarding this program (to start spring 2019). He really wants to go to UW but is uncertain about spending a semester at a CC. He’s accepted at several regional schools, including UM-Twin Cities. Looking to evaluate pros/cons and wondering if you (or others) had input to provide. Thanks in advance!