UW-MADISON TRANSFER FALL 2020

I think late April

1 Like

@worldchamp24 given that the transfer priority applicants found out in mid-March compared to the end of March like the website says, hopefully, RD applicants find out mid-April

1 Like

According to the official page here: https://admissions.wisc.edu/apply-as-a-transfer/
The decision will arrive at the end of April

1 Like

Hi, I saw you got accepted as a transfer, so firstly congrats. I am also a student at a California Community college and I was wondering how many units of college coursework you have already completed. I completed 16 credits first semester with a 4.0 and am taking 18 this semester, but Im worried they prefer junior level transfers

Thanks! I’ll have 73 units complete by the end of Spring 2020 - 13 Fall 2018, 18 Spring 2019, 8 Summer 2019, 18 Fall 2019, 16 Spring 2020. If you’re applying as a sophomore to any school, more weight will be put on your high school record. I don’t think they prefer one or the other as far as I know, but if you had a lower high school GPA the more college work you have the more confident they will be that you’ll keep it up. Good luck!

1 Like

Anyone accepted – what are you doing for housing? Are you getting on campus housing? The transfer house sounds nice but I think it is a small building with about 20 people attached to a normal residence hall

1 Like

Applied as a regular transfer (not early-action)
Math major
High school GPA 3.3/4.0
College GPA 3.87/4.0

Wish y’all all the best!

1 Like

Did the decision date get pushed back to the end of May for RD transfers?

I haven’t heard anything about that. I hope that doesn’t happen though

1 Like

Has anyone who applied regular decision heard back or reached out to see if we will be finding out on time?

@UWtransfer7766235 I just checked my application status in the UW-Madison Net ID portal thing and my status changed from received or whatever, to “change prog/degree objective” and under the “i” icon, it says they are checking to ensure I have submitted all materials. Then my app will go to a counselor for them to review and decide to admit or not. So hopefully we find out soon!

1 Like

@UWtransfer7766235 Just checked my portal and I was accepted! Best of luck to you!

1 Like

@transferGuy08 hey, I just got accepted too.My letter did not state a major of acceptance( I applied to CS) but my application status says my academic plan is CS. Does that mean I got into the major too?

1 Like

@Delsinrowe1308 Congrats on your acceptance! But I am not 100% sure about that. I would assume so but you can always just call to confirm. Wouldn’t hurt. :smile:

1 Like

@TransferGuy08 Alright thanks a lot! Congratulations to you too, maybe we’ll see each other there :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

Just got admitted for Letters and Science! Good luck go everyone!

1 Like

Admitted to Pre-Business in CLS! Received the email at 5:08 pm pst.

1 Like

Anyone know when financial aid awards should come in?

1 Like

I have the same thing! I asked one of my friends at UW Madison and they believe its because we haven’t technically declared the CS major yet, because you can’t do so without passing CS 300. So you should be fine!

1 Like

Are any sophomore girl transfers looking to share a 2 bedroom apartment? message me if so!