UW-Madison Undergrad BBA Freshman

<p>Just wondering if anyone out there can give me some information regarding the BBA program at UW, how it works for a freshman, etc. If possible, someone that can speak from some personal experience would be extremely helpful.
I was invited to apply for the BBA program as a freshman; I have sent in my application but have yet to receive a decision. My interests are International business specifically involving language (I speak/am learning both Spanish and Chinese, with focus on the latter). I have heard that the UW BBA is one of the premier undergrad business programs in the US, and if I am accepted into it it will make my final decision very difficult. Thanks</p>

<p>If you get in right away take it and run.Very few get that honor, around 20 per year. UW will have everything you need including any language you care to learn. Many would double major in biz and languages.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response barrons. Another question: I read that you can’t get a minor at UW Madison. Is that actually the case? If I were to major in business would I not be able to graduate with a minor in Chinese?</p>

<p>UW-Madison does not have ‘minors’ but it does have ‘Certificates’, as in someone can major in Accounting and also earn a ‘Certificate in Spanish Studies for Business Majors’.</p>

<p>Most prefer to do a full double major. You can combine business and any L&S major for example. And yes, a certificate= a minor more or less.</p>

<p>How difficult would you say a double major in business and a L&S degree is? (credit-wise)</p>

<p>Just have to budget your credits carefully. Take a full load every term and you should have some credits already from AP, etc. Can still do it in 4 years.</p>