UW Madison Waitlist 2022

some examples of additional materials: updated transcript, new test scores, a new letter of recommendation ( from someone other than the one already listed on the application) or new extracurriculars not expressed in your application, basically anything that may have been missed in your initial app. you should also write a letter to the school expressing your interest and updating them on your senior year progresses it’s important to not come off as desperate.

@OOitsChika Well said, best advice I could point to. Also to show them about your continued interest can be invaluable. Many people apply to UW madison as safeties or reach and might not be as sad as you about being waitlisted, you can stand out pretty easily.

The fact that you got waitlisted and not rejected tells you that you had a good chance but there were too many people with probably a better mix of application material than just test scores.

Keep hope and best of luck.

Oof That clears things up a little for me. I have 4.3 weighted gpa and 35 act but my unweighted gpa is like a 3.5

Can anyone put it at a percentage of likelihood to get in? Even approximately? For example, what percent of waitlisted students got in last year?

Unfortunately, it’s a wait and see situation as an offer can only be extended based on an admitted student declining their offer. Here is a link to an old article, but it gives some insight and the waitlist info below is from the admissions website. A back up plan is important.

https://news.wisc.edu/uw-madison-admits-wait-listed-students/

Wait List: If space becomes available after May 1, admission may be extended to some students who have accepted the wait list offer. Every effort will be made to inform students if there is space for them or not by the end of June.

Bummed out that I got waitlisted :(. Do any of you guys happen to know the likeliness of someone getting off the waitlist in the past? and is UW-Madison known to be a school that offers a lot of waitlist students or otherwise? Thanks.

Applied to College of Letters and Sciences for Pre-Business. (27 ACT)

WOW , looks like CS is very Competitve this year , I got Waitlisted with a 1410 SAT for CS , but my peeps in high school got into Engineering with like 1300’s SAT . I guess pretty qualified ppl for CS. Can I request to change my major to maybe CE ie. College of Engineering or is it too late ?

Is it better to send an e-mail giving a reaffirmation of why you want to attend or is it better to call or send a letter? I’m not sure which one to do because I also want to ask whether or not I could get an interview or if I could send in new recommendations/grades.

Post #25- that link is TEN years old! A lot changes.

College of Engineering @UW Madison is traditionally much harder to get into than Compter Science.

@wis75 What do you think has changed in ten years? Do you know if many students came off the waitlist last year, and if any OOS waitlist students were admitted? I was instate until a few years ago and then my family moved. I have wanted to go to Madison my whole life, but with a 3.7 uw (3.9 w) and a 31 ACT I was waitlisted. (I know my GPA is low for OOS. I had a rough freshman year and have been climbing out of it ever since.)

@jam7000 I mean it depends on your application as a whole. I was involved and upheld a part time job which hurt my GPA, uw was a 3.8. But the surprising thing is I got a 21 on my act which I haven’t heard someone get in with such a low score. Sometimes it can just be luck, we can’t control what they want.

I’m also an OOS applicant

@jam7000 Sorry to hear about your waitlist. I know you inquired about what might have changed over the years. According to a UW-Madison student newspaper, the number of freshman applicants increased by 20% for the Fall freshmen classs of 2018. Perhaps being proactive by your intent to enroll if accepted off the the waitlist might help.

Don’t know- comment was on the link. Any student on any school’s waitlist should expect to go to a school they are accepted to.

It does not matter how easy/hard computer engineering vs computer science is to get into. The two fields are different. Think hardware vs software. Not interchangeable. Same applies to Chem E and chemistry- very different (chose chemistry, no way any engineering for me, likewise can’t imagine my math/cs son doing any form of engineering).

@Smilie1 Here is the link to the article you mentioned. The change to the Common Application has been attributed to the rise in applicants; it may also be the reason that the review process has slowed. With a 20% rise in applicants, it is certainly increasing the competitiveness of the applicant pool, but perhaps not the students who ultimately select UW-Madison – that’s hope for those who are waitlisted.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbyoDf3oDaAhVDz1MKHchhD08QFggpMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailycardinal.com%2Farticle%2F2018%2F02%2Fuw-madison-saw-a-record-number-of-applications-with-its-second-year-using-the-common-application-a-20-percent-increase-from-last-year&usg=AOvVaw2l5zLXCVYahSiioyuLk4Zd

OR

http://www.dailycardinal.com/article/2018/02/uw-madison-saw-a-record-number-of-applications-with-its-second-year-using-the-common-application-a-20-percent-increase-from-last-year

Son got off waitlist today. Anybody else?

Has anyone else heard yet? I haven’t heard of anyone yet?

haven’t heard on our daughter here in central IL yet. Fingers crossed!

I wonder if they will start tomorrow? Does anyone know?