UW Men win NCAA CC National Championships

<p>Congrats. Good weekend for the UW.</p>

<p>Consistently good distance teams. For those who ran CC in HS and still want to run in college but know they are not UW caliber there are options to continue competitive running. There is a UW running club for casual runners. For others check out the Wisconsin Track Club- not limited to UW students but most are. Daily runs leaving from campus and the opportunity to participate in Div 3 meets. Runners pay expenses and I believe can use UW vehicles to get to meets near the state. The Club has done well also. Find details on the UW activity site.</p>

<p>that is good to know wis75 im definitely not competition caliber but i enjoy running so if i get accepted ill keep that in mind</p>

<p>also… barrons
the title is a bit confusing since most people abbreviate Cross Country as XC
not a big deal but just so you know for the future</p>

<p>More of a football, basketaball, hockey person. I guess that makes sense?(XC). Was CC taken?</p>

<p>Past- CC/XC doesn’t matter any more…state meets long time ago for son…</p>

<p>Hey! Cool! I’m a bit of an XC runner and was fortunate enough to qualify for the state meet twice. Of course, these guys would leave me in the dust. Respect.</p>

<p>What’s interesting is that the UW-Madison Runners Club (not even the collegiate team, mind you) actually competes against–and consistently beats–the collegiate teams from the other UW schools and their peers. A family friend actually dropped out of the club because the practices were too intense. This was not a slow guy. Of course, there are subsequently lower tiers of running groups for every level of skill and motivation.</p>

<p>Wisconsin draws some amazing running talent. I guess it’s just one of those things to love about the school that you wouldn’t otherwise know about. Truly there is something for everyone, no? I’m getting excited. ;)</p>

<p>It is the Wisconsin Track Club, not the runners club that does the meets. Meets have included ones at Loyola north of Chicago, U of Minnesota (they have many divisions at that one- from HS to div I) and of course, the national club championships- somewhere in Michigan a few years ago. Plenty of running friendly routes starting on campus.</p>