UW or UC Davis for Econ Major

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I've been accepted at both these schools, so I'm wondering what others think about which school I should attend for econ. </p>

<p>Currently, I'm leaning towards UW because, although I live in California, I don't really care if I'm going far away, rather I would prefer that, and the additional tuition isn't an issue for me. I also know that UCs are having some issues going on with scheduling and budget cuts; in general, things might be a bit messy. I don't know, however, about the situation at UW.</p>

<p>Recent student cost increases to add staffing for freshmen courses so students can get sections at UW. Despite budget cuts I think Wisconsin is in better shape than California regarding its U system. A few years ago I noticed huge decreases in grad students for math at some CA schools- budget cuts mean less money to pay TAs leading to fewer sections of courses and harder to get needed prerequisite courses. UW’s solution was to add a surcharge to be able to hire.</p>

<p>If the family budget makes UW affordable and you don’t mind the different climate go for UW.</p>

<p>Yes, if cold weather is not of a concern, UW is a great school for you.</p>

<p>Thanks! I should be going to UW this fall then!</p>

<p>Good choice- you can always return to CA but won’t have other chances to be in other parts of the country without needing to worry about jobs et al.</p>