UW Schools

<p>Hi,
I am currently a freshman at UW-Madison; however, I may be transferring due to Madison just not being the right fit for me. I was just curious what UW school would be best for me. I am planning to major in accounting and take the CPA. My top choices would be UW-Whitewater, UW-Oshkosh, and UW-Stevens point. I was wondering which one would be the best for accounting. I know UW-Whitewater has a very good accounting program, but how big of a difference is it versus the other schools
Thanks</p>

<p>Since UW-Madison wasn’t the right fit for you (is it academics?) you need to decide which of the above campuses most fit. Locations are in different parts of the state. Proximity to home- does that mean anything? Check the courses available at each campus- do you find particular courses you would like at one campus? Where do you plan to be after graduation? If you are most concerned about accounting academics, more so than location or other facets of college life, I would choose Whitewater over the other two schools. </p>

<p>No need to tell us anything- the above is for you to think about.</p>

<p>Of those I would go with UW-Whitewater if you are interested in business schools. However, you might consider UW-Milwaukee’s business school. The accounting major is one of the strongest in the state with connections to the big accounting firms. The Lubar School is nationally ranked: 72nd nationally by US News and World Report, 75th nationally Bloomberg Businessweek. What many forget is that UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee are the only two doctoral cluster institutions which means they have a mission to attract top faculty as opposed to the teaching missions of other UW schools.</p>