UW Seattle Class of 2027 Waitlist

Yeah this thread is unclear as it says he got through appeal, though appeal process has stopped from this year.

I agree. It’s weird given this year’s changes with waitlist appeals. I am more interested to see what the responses are, if any, to that post. I think responses could give more validity to actual movement on the CS waitlist.

1 Like

I called them, they said there is no movement yet. We will hear between May 15th to June 30th and that is what is written in the letter.

1 Like

anyone know how to withdraw the SIR? I got off from another university’s waitlist and decide to enroll there. Thinking it is better to withdraw to open up the space for people are still waiting for UW.

But I could not find anywhere on the admission portal to withdraw, at least not as obvious as “Accepting”.

Does this message mean waitlisted for school, but not for CS at all? Still any chance to get into cs (even if it is low)? I saw people talked about getting into the school but waitlisted to CS, thus asked.

“We are unable to offer you admission to the Seattle campus of the University of Washington at this time, but invite you to join the freshman waitlist for autumn quarter 2023”

Getting into school waitlist and getting into CS waitlist are totally different.

2 Likes

From today CS waitlist for UW will start moving as mentioned by office of admissions. Anyone who gets off waitlist please mention here. Good luck.

Emailed admission office and heard CS waitlist is closed now. I guess very few got off the CS waitlist

Just got accepted to UW for applied math and comp today. Not going to accept since he sir’ed to UCLA already

D23 just accepted off waitlist - business. Already committed to Ohio State.

My son got off waitlist on 5/26, pre-science (he applied for CS) . CA student, and already committed to UCLA.

Congratulations, but you don’t know by what algorithm this is done, in the sense - is it taken in a row or randomly?

Our daughter committed to UCLA in late April for bioengineering. She was waitlisted at UW for biomedical engineering. Once she decided on UCLA, she tried to opt off the waitlist but couldn’t figure out how to do so. Both my wife and I tried also, but couldn’t figure it out either. She was accepted off the waitlist as pre-science on 6/6 and immediately declined.

My two observations are:

1. There’s got to be an easier way for students to opt out of waitlists so other students can move up (I have no idea what it is, though).
  2. All the folks out there who describe admissions into top universities as a “crap shoot” are totally right (I have no idea how to fix this, either).

My best wishes to all future Huskies out there! Sure is a beautiful campus.

1 Like

very late but I got off the waitlist May 27th for pre-sciences
not planning to enroll though

My out-of-state daughter found out June 15th she’s off the waitlist (business). She’s happy with the school she already committed to however.