UW Website - Dec 5, 2008: Application Processing Timeline Update

<p>Note that decisions will not necessarily be made in the order applications are received, but that ALL decisions where the materials were postmarked by November 15th will be made by January 15th which is the First Notification Period.</p>

<p>From UW's website: </p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison</p>

<p>"As a result of the large number of applications received in response to the
November 15 First Notification Period deadline, the Office of Admissions is experiencing a delay in processing materials and updating application status information online. </p>

<p>More than 16,000 freshman applications and 158,000 application documents (transcripts, recommendations, etc.) have been received thus far, with close to 6,000 pages coming in on a daily basis just prior to the November 15 deadline. </p>

<p>As a result, it may take up to three weeks between when material arrives in the office and when the online application status check system is updated to reflect that the documents have been received. </p>

<p>During this time, the online system will show the material as Not Confirmed. This simply means our staff is processing the mail and completing the steps necessary to update the system. Applicants should not resubmit material during this processing period as the additional mail will further delay progress. </p>

<p>All application materials postmarked on or by November 15 will be considered received by the First Notification Period deadline and applicants will have a decision made on their application by January 15. Decisions will not necessarily be made in the order received, but all decisions will be made by January 15. </p>

<p>A reminder that all applications completed by the February 1 application deadline will receive full and equal consideration. The First Notification Period and its corresponding November 15 postmark deadline simply give applicants the opportunity to receive their admission decision sooner. </p>

<p>Check Your Application Status Online
All students can monitor the status of their application online. Before you can access the Application Status Web site, you must activate your UW NetID. To do so, you'll need your 10-digit campus ID number (found in your application acknowledgment letter or e-mail) and birth date. Once you activate your NetID, you will assign yourself a password and then be authorized to access the My UW Web portal and your application status information".</p>

<p>(It's odd that I accessed this on December 4th, but it is dated December 5th)!</p>

<p>As frustrating as that is, the message is a little relaxing as to why they haven't received my transcript. Ahh i'm way too impatient for the whole college admissions process lol</p>