V-Tech Engineering Waitlist

I just got put into university studies after being rejected from engineering. Is there any waitlist for engineering? Any chance I could still get into engineering for the fall of my freshmen year?

I was waitlisted and I applied for engineering. I’m not sure whether they will bump me out of engineering if I am ultimately accepted though. I think they want you more if you still were accepted.

@jcow77 they actually put you on the waitlist? Like does it say waitlisted anywhere?

Yeah, it says waitlist. I accepted my spot and from what I’m reading, I’ll probably be shifted into BIT.

@jcoe77 I’m in the same boat as you (waitlist led for engineering) but how would you be shifted into BIT. Does the waitlist mean I got accepted into BIT. Just wondering

@jcow77 How do you know that you would be shifted into BIT. Does this mean you get accepted into your second major, when you get waitlisted for engineering?

No, unfortunately “Waitlist” is not an acceptance for either a 1st or 2nd choice major… If you were accepted to your second choice major it would say accepted (XXX major) if it was not your 1st choice. If you have more questions, I recommend calling or email VT directly. Hang in there.

@bboop42 weird question, could you eat waitlisted and be accepted to your second choice

I do believe you can be waitlisted…then later be offered admission to your 1st or even 2nd choice major once they determine if there are spots available in the various programs. I would suggest getting the final answer from VT directly, but realize it might take a little while to get through given they get swamped with calls right after decisions are released. Best of luck