V-Tech vs. UCSD

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I'm a senior at a high school in Northern California. I have heard back from all the colleges I've applied to, and I'm having trouble deciding where I should go. The schools that offered me admission to their undergraduate program are UC Santa Cruz, UC San Diego, and Virginia Tech. I'd rather choose UC San Diego over Santa Crzu, but I would also like to go to Virginia Tech. There are some things that are holding me back from accepting either college.</p>

<p>San Diego: I got into Revelle, and I have heard that Revelle has a lot of GE's, and it's more difficult than the other colleges in UCSD. Doesn't have a marching band But I really like Southern California.</p>

<p>Virginia Tech: I didn't get into the Computer Engineering Program, I got into University Studies (basically the same thing as Undecided.) I don't know how hard it is to transfer into the Computer Engineering Department. I might not even be able to, so it is sort of a risk. I got into the Computer Engineering major at UCSD though.
At Virginia Tech, I applied to be a Civilian Cadet in the Corps of Cadet. I want to be part of their military marching band, and I think that would be really fun.
Still, Blacksburg is kind of in the middle of nowhere. There doesn't seem much to do around the campus, but correct me if I'm wrong.</p>

<p>I think Virginia Tech's tuition is about 5000 more than UC San Diego, but my college counselor told me it would probably take me 5 years at UCSD to finish anyways.
I know in the end, it's my decision to make, but I'm hoping some of you could offer some insight as to which is a better school, who has a better comp. eng. program?</p>