VA Tech Class of 2021 -- Engineering Admissions Decisions

Does anyone know whether Virginia Tech requires certain HS courses to have a decent shot at being admitted to engineering? S has taken two years of IB Physics I & II (II is HL) and is in his third year of IB Math. I’m guessing that this is where S needs to be to have a shot.

@STEM2017 About as ready as we can be. All the best to you! Just hope we get the decision today and avoid waiting another 3 1/2 weeks. :-w

Good luck to you too @VABogart !

Are only first choice majors getting accepted today? Or is it people who submitted before December 1st?

@lillylover It’s not just people who submitted before Dec 1, it’s all the applications that they were able to get to by today, which should be about 75% of applications. I believe all major choices will be given decisions today.

Best of luck everyone. My dd got accepted into engineering three years ago and it was an evening of celebration.

It’s been increasingly more challenging getting into good engineering schools, and VT is one of the best in the country. No disgrace if there’s no acceptance. Here’s hoping everyone on this thread will get to celebrate this evening. <:-P

Good Luck everyone!

Wishing all the VT hopefuls great news!!!

I think VT is doing the data upload now. The site is down. . . . . . only a bit more time to wait! :slight_smile:

Nuts, I feel like calling my D to see if she’s checking the website, but I don’t want to add to the stress craziness. Good Luck to everyone!

Still nothing? Has anyone heard yet?

Nope! @Celtic12

just checked and got this message “Service Temporarily Unavailable - Please try again later”

Same X_X @WhiteClamSauce

Anyone?

From VT’s twitter: “We’re aware some are having trouble checking their admission status due to high demand. Please be patient and try again later.”

Apparently, the decisions are up but the website is saturated with hits. Hopefully will know soon!

So that would indicate that decisions are up, just the website is overloaded

still cant get in . . . . . anyone successful accessing the site?