VA Tech Early Decision Notification

<p>Yeah I’m pretty ****ed, all my stuff was really good and i’m 10th in my class with over a 4.5 weighted GPA and got deferred…
But whatever,
does anyone know the deferred to regular percentage?</p>

<p>I got deferred too…pretty bad GPA (3.8) but 1320 SAT’s…not exactly unexpected…just hoping for regular decision</p>

<p>one of my friends got into the pamplin school of business. shes got like a 1350+ sat, and a 3.8-3.9 GPA. we are from NOVA</p>

<p>HOKIE HOKIE HI. My daughter just got ACCEPTED into the Biology Dept…we are officially HOKIE PARENTS. She is ecstatic, she has been on the phone to EVERYONE. </p>

<p>GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE else, we hope your news is as good as ours…</p>

<p>I also got deferred, not sure why though…</p>

<p>To those who got deferred, if you want opinions from a current VT student and someone with lots of knowledge about the admissions process, send me a message and i’ll be glad to help you!</p>

<p>■■■:</p>

<p><a href=“http://i55.■■■■■■■.com/1r3m0h.jpg[/url]”>http://i55.■■■■■■■.com/1r3m0h.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Same here with anyone needing advice, but HUGE advice right here…
If you’ve been deferred, that no where means “denied.” All it means is that they want some more information to see who you are. Go ahead and call the admissions office or send an email, and ask if they would like to see anything else. Perhaps they want to see your current grades to see if their improving, or maybe some recommendation letters. If Virginia Tech didn’t want you, they would have denied you. All defer-ment means is they want some more information.</p>

<p>I got in! :d</p>

<p>albert92:</p>

<p>It still means I’ll be wasting my time with applications to schools I’ll never go to over the holidays.</p>

<p>True, just focus on making the best of the situation.</p>

<p>@thorini,</p>

<p>do you mind sharing some of ur daughters stats? like was she instate (NOVA?)/oos, gpa and sat/act?? its just that im also applying to bio during RD would like to know what tech is expecting.</p>

<p>and congrats to her and anyone else who got in</p>

<p>Clover couldn’t have said it better, Tech is basically the only college I want to go to</p>

<p>I got in! But I read some of the comments and I noticed that my GPA and SAT scores weremworse than the people who got deferred.</p>

<p>Your school system’s GPA scale might be different then those who got deferred. Every school system has their own ways of calculating GPA. I know this because the school system I’m in in NOVA has a much more difficult GPA weighing system as grades are allocated differently.</p>

<p>I GOT IN!!! (industrial design department)</p>

<p>i have a 4.0 and got 1180 SAT.
I wrote 3 essays and had 2 letters of recommendation. </p>

<p>GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING!!!</p>

<p>I’m in the IB program, do you think that helped a lot??</p>

<p>Kwon (& everyone else) - Tech likes to see that you’ve taken the most challenging courses offered at your school. Also, the area from VA has a bit of an impact on the admission decision.</p>

<p>As far as weighting - I believe most schools (in NOVA and Richmond especially) weigh around an extra .5 for AP/IB classes and such. However, in other areas of VA, there are places that give up to 1-2 extra points, and some that only give less than .1 extra for IB/AP classes. That’s where the area you’re from kinda comes into play.</p>

<p>I GOT IN! Admitted for psychology!</p>

<p>I just have a quick question for anyone who knows…</p>

<p>I’m not that surprised or upset about myself getting deferred, but a lot of people from my (well respected) HS got deferred with gpa’s over 4.4 and SAT’s in the 1400’s. In total, I believe only 4 or 5 kids got in. Is there a certain number that they can accept ED from each school? I just thought that the decisions on some other kids in my class were a bit ridiculous.</p>