VA transcript policy

<p>I was just deferred from Tech's early decision and wanted to know how strict they are on deadlines. I checked my status page and my collegeboard SAT scored weren't received until the 2nd of November and my councilor also sent my transcript late and it was received on the 2nd. Is this a possible reason for deferral? </p>

<p>My SATs ACTs and grades were all good and I have an extensive list of alumni relatives so I'm just trying to figure out if I can fight this anyway because none of those two things are something I control.</p>

<p>The deadline only goes for the application. Anything else - transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, letters of recommendation, can get received after November 1st, as long as it’s within a reasonable time frame.</p>

<p>Are you an instate or out of state student? What were your stats?</p>

<p>In State</p>

<p>SAT-1110
ACT-27
Grades-A’s and B+'s not sure on my GPA
Ranked-100/500
EC- quite a long list volleyball NHS etc.
Alumni- Mother Father Sister Brother</p>

<p>I think the biggest issue is your SAT score. The average SAT score for those accepted last year was a 1250. The Mid-50% was between 1160–1340, and your SAT was a bit under that. What was the exact breakdown?</p>

<p>Also, what area of VA are you in?</p>

<p>570 math
540 reading
I’ll probably take that again before regular admissions.</p>

<p>I’m in central VA</p>

<p>What major are you applying to? And yeah, your SAT should be raised at least to 1160 since that’s the minimum of where the majority is.</p>

<p>I applied to under te marketing major.</p>

<p>just dont sent sat, your act is high enough for a marketing major in Tech.
put more emphasis on the application, explaining why you choose tech.</p>

<p>funofffan: the OP already sent in his SAT and SAT scores, since he applied ED.</p>

<p>InsameDM: I’ve found out that Tech does something like a conversion of your ACT score so that it is scored like the SATs. Your ACT converted score will probably bring you up to at least an 1160, so you will be within the mid-50% range.</p>

<p>If you could find out your exact GPA and explain how your school grades (4.0 Scale? How is the weighting?) that could help also.</p>

<p>Okay my most up to date GPA isn’t released yet but I know for a fact that it’s much higher now than what was sent to Tech.
I honestly can’t even give you a reasonable estimate to what it was I know my school is on a 5.5 GPA. If I had to ballpark it I’d say the one I sent to tech was a 4.4+/- .1 and my GPA now is more around a 4.5 or higher.</p>

<p>If that GPA is weighted, and your school does .5 or 1.0 extra points for weighting, your GPA might also be bringing you down. If I’m converting it right (I’m probably not) it seems like your GPA is a solid B average.</p>

<p>I can’t really tell you though because I don’t know how to work with GPAs other than those on a 4.0 scale.</p>

<p>Pretty sure my GPA comes out to a B+</p>