Vaccine reluctance & General COVID Discussion

That is in my arsenal. I got mine thru Ebay since the Israeli pharmacy had some bad reviews when it came to shipping etc. Although the Ebay supply comes via the same source, I felt better have their purchase backing.

1 Like

Just purchased from the Israeli source. Will see if I have any shipping issues. It says it will ship within 3-5 days.

1 Like

Some of the ebay items have fairly quick expiration dates, please post yours when it arrives @Nrdsb4.

1 Like

Will do!

Thank you so much for sharing this!

D and SiL have recovered and are testing negative. (They were 3X vaxxed as well.) My question, since we haven’t had anyone in our family have Covid before, are they now “super immune” for a bit? Can we not worry about getting it from them? (They travel for work and are out and about a lot more than we have been, so we’ve been cautious with them.) They seem to think it’s party time now and I guess they are right for the next month or two anyway? Is that right?

And then maybe that’s why the folks in DC aren’t all that concerned about the White House Correspondents Dinner – because so many of them have had Omicron recently? Just a thought.

the Ebay expiration dates seem to be 11/22. One bottle = one month supply. So if you are using this daily ( or even at the higher rate of 6x a day/2 pumps per dosage) you shouldn’t run into expiration date problems.

Now that ‘the word is out’
I’m going to place another Ebay order :slight_smile:

Vaccination + infection tends to give stronger immunity than either alone, although even the stronger immunity is not 100%. But they are probably among the last people you need to worry about getting COVID-19 from, compared to anyone else you encounter.

5 Likes

This was included in my shipment that came directly through the pharmacy and might explain why

2 Likes

I have been vaccinated, plus two boosters. Diagnosed with Covid Tuesday with flu like symptoms. Two days in bed and very little movement out of my bedroom. My family (also vaccinated) has tested negative. Prior to Covid, very healthy 51 year old. Worked throughout the pandemic (prior vaccines) and now I get it. Crazy.

Feel better soon!

1 Like

“Your Local Epidemiologist” did a recent update on this. A recent omicron infection is good protection against a future infection of the omicron lineage, but not necessarily against other lineages. Pretty much everything currently in circulation is of the omicron lineage. So you’re probably good for now.

3 Likes

Racial differences noted in level of concern about COVID-19:

2 Likes

@maya54 had your mother had one booster or two, and how long ago?

One booster, six months prior. She was planning on getting a second when she got Covid.

Got notification that the product will arrive from Israel on Friday.

I ordered via Ebay on 3/29 and notification says it will be delivered by 4/6
I think our orders are traveling together :slight_smile:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-30/omicron-sublineages-can-evade-antibodies-from-earlier-infections?cmpid=BBD050122_CORONAVIRUS&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=220501&utm_campaign=coronavirus&fbclid=IwAR1VB3sItueRx7jJXQn8gFS7WGkGsQ_irzlYh4r7fiuI6uoNScnxrAlbx40

ETA guess you will have to copy and paste link for whatever reason
Title

Omicron Sublineages Evade Antibodies From Earlier Infections

• Laboratory study shows significant fall in antibody production

• Sublineages may cause new wave of infections, researchers say

1 Like

COVID's new Omicron sub-lineages can dodge immunity from past infection, study says | Reuters may be easier to access.

This page says that “In the unvaccinated samples, there was an almost eightfold decrease in antibody production when exposed to BA.4 and BA.5, compared with the original BA.1 Omicron lineage. Blood from the vaccinated people showed a threefold decrease.”

1 Like

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.04.29.22274477v1 is the research report.