Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

does anyone have stats on this year’s admissions? (from ED1 or ED2)

1 Like

I had an interview with Dartmouth and he bashed the school so bad, it left me not wanting to go anymore

2 Likes

Chancellor’s scholarships were sent out today

1 Like

Did anyone receive an invitation for the mosaic program? The admissions office said they sent the invitation emails yesterday.

By email?

nope.

I did! The email was in my spam/promotions folder so that might’ve been the case for others. Scholarship info was on my portal as well!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Will have son check his spam and hopefully he gets the invitation as well!

Not sure. My son’s friend got it. He shared a screenshot of the scholarship notification.

Gotcha. Do you know if it was alongside Mosaic invitations?

How does MOSAIC even work? I don’t recall my D receiving any emails or info from them and it looks like it wasn’t something you could apply for, so how do they choose the people selected for MOSAIC?

MOSAIC is a multicultural student recruitment program which invites about 200 admitted students from various minority backgrounds and rural areas to visit campus during one weekend in March.

Yes, I understand that, but how do they go about doing that? Decision day is 5-7 weeks away in terms of most applicants (RD) and there is no application or process for expressing interest in MOSAIC. So, how does the recruitment happen? 650 applicants were accepted in total in ED1, I don’t know how many in ED2. (I read somewhere 300 people received the MOSAIC invite and it is later reduced to 200 but I don’t know how, and I can’t remember where I saw that). Anyway, was just curious, and yes, my child is an URM.

And just for comparison’s sake, my D received outreach from the diversity and multicultural recruitment offices at many universities she both applied to and didn’t apply to - but nothing from Vanderbilt on that particular front, which is why I wonder what their process was.

Anyway, it seems like it would be a great experience, so congratulations to those who were selected!

2 Likes

Yes. He also received the Mosaic invitation. Both by e-mail.

Interesting information !

MY DD applied RD, but am curious…do they defer from ED I and EDII into regular decision then??

Yes. The applicants who applied ED and were deferred are considered with the RD pool.

Any updates on the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scolarship?

I’m hoping for the same answer. Thanks for asking the question.

I’ve heard early March for the other scholarships.