Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

sorry, meant both and no withdraw button

rejected

any correlation between getting an email and acceptance?

1 Like

Looks like almost every CC applicant was either rejected or waitlisted. Maybe the accepted are celebrating as they should be. Congrats to those that were accepted! Tough year.

6 Likes

Had both, I was waitlisted

4 Likes

How did you find the #?

They mean itā€™s their fourth waitlist

1 Like

Had both and was rejected

3 Likes

Daughter rejected but she has good options: Georgia Tech, UGA, UF, FSU Honors, Clemson Honors, u of SC Honors. Waiting for Duke and some Ivies end of the week but have very low expectations. Congratulations to all who got in, but it looks like my D is in good company here with the quality of those like her.

7 Likes

Wait listed

Has been so unpredictable this year. I just want this to be over soon.

6 Likes

Waitlisted (Opting in)

Out-of-State (CA)

4.71 Weighted GPA; 4.0 Un-Weighted GPA; 1510 SAT (13 APs)

Major: Public Policy (College of Arts and Sciences)

Financial Aid: None

Demographic: White Male

Accepted: UCLA, Berkeley, UNC, IU Kelley, Cp Slo
Waitlisted: UMich

Also for reference I had both addresses and no withdraw button so I donā€™t think the portal astrology mounted up to anything.

Looks like less than a 4% acceptance rate for regular.

1 Like

My guess is a lot of the waitlists are yield protection while they await Ivies/Duke/Stanfordā€¦

1 Like

Son waitlisted, he declined his spot
4.0/4.9, ACT 36- CS major
3rd waitlist in last week, tough year for these kids!

5 Likes

I sure hope so. If a lot of those kids get into those schools I can get taken off the waitlist woot woot!

2 Likes

Accepted, OOS, visited last fall. Applied ED2 and was deferred to RD.
1540, 4/4.81 weighted.
NM Commended, AP Scholar, private Catholic school. Two season varsity sport for all 4 years.

After being rejected at ND and UVA and waitlisted at GA Tech, Villanova and Northeastern felt Vandy was a true long long long shot but his essay for Vandy was my favorite of all the essays.

Still canā€™t quite believe it.

19 Likes

Wow. CS Majors have it so tough. If you donā€™t mind me asking what are some of his top choices atm?

any news on waitlist statistics?

1 Like

I do think CS is tough though amazing kids getting rejected/deferred/waitlisted at crazy rates!
Probably his ā€œstrongestā€ acceptance is Ga Tech (weā€™re OOS). Waiting on Duke, Cornell and Penn though not holding our breath on any of them!

2 Likes