Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

For those keeping score at home, that was the last Wednesday of the month in 2019 and 2020. In 2021 it was a Monday. :thinking:

From what I can tell, the last several years notification day for the CV has been a Friday, so 3/4 is probably the day. Those who didnā€™t win the CV seemed to receive their notice the following day.

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt lets students know that they did not receive a merit scholarship or do they only notify recipients? Iā€™m hoping they let you know either way since a separate application was submitted. While the, ā€œunfortunately you were not selected,ā€ email is hard to read, at least I know!

Yes. From what I saw looking at previous yearā€™s threads, recipients were notified Friday and it looks like the ā€œunfortunately you were not selected,ā€ email went out Saturday, at least for CV. I assume similar for the other scholarships.

Does anyone know if Ingram and Chancellors comes out together with CV?

Iā€™ve heard that Ingram Scholar Finalists have already been notified and interviewed. Donā€™t know when recipients will be announced but finalists have been notified.

I also heard some people have gotten Chancellors with their Mosaic invite. They may still be rolling out acceptances though

Yes this is how it happened for us

So thereā€™s a good chance Cornelius Vanderbilt scholarship decisions drop today?

2 Likes

No intel, but crossing my fingers they might. Weā€™re due for some good news (or any news), as it seems like a loooooong time since apps were submitted!

1 Like

No intel, just looking through threads from previous years. If pattern follows, first person posted they received CV scholarship pretty late in the day. No indication of whether or not that is when they checked. Of note, by this time last year the thread was on post #301 vs #71 for fall 2022. I donā€™t know if that says more about them or us, but it holds across almost every thread I have looked at. Last year all of the threads were very dynamic, especially on days when decisions of some sort were expected. This year, most threads are pretty quiet with barely anybody posting or responding. Many regular decision threads still have only the original post. :man_shrugging: This whole process has been so stressful and long and it feels so overwhelming with 100 thousand people competing for everything.

Lol :joy: youā€™re obviously not on the UMich threadā€¦itā€™s at well over 5k posts!

7 Likes

That thread is CRAZY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Itā€™s out of control. Have you met people who went to Michigan?
Theyā€™re veryā€¦committed.

6 Likes

has anyone heard any more potential release dates from vandy for RD?

Last year it was like March 30th, so Iā€™m not expecting really anything before end of the month.

1 Like

okay thank you! iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed

Son got Cornelius Vanderbilt scholarship - email came to check the portal at 6 PM EST today.

19 Likes

Congrats!!! My daughter was really hoping for this oneā€¦she worked hard on it. Bummer for her, but congrats to your son!!

Did u get an email? My daughter also applied for Cornelius Vanderbilt but did not get an emailā€¦

1 Like