Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

It came from “Scholarships”…the sender was not actually Vanderbilt

My son received CV scholarship rejection email this morning.

I got my rejection email yesterday at 9 pm ish Eastern. Anyone who has not received an email, I would check your spam. I have gmail and mine was not sorted as spam, but yours could have been. Search for the sender “scholarships@vanderbilt.edu” as that’s who sent out the email!

1 Like

I’ve checked all my spam and don’t see anything. Does your portal show anything regarding the scholarship decision?

No, I don’t see anything in my portal. Just an email saying they regret to inform me (that type of language, I don’t remember exactly what it said)

1 Like

I got CV yesterday at 6 pm!! So excited :blush:

14 Likes

Awesome!!! Do you mind sharing your stats for those who are wondering??

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the admissions decision release date will be this year?

Officially still “late march”. Last year was 3/29 so likely some time in the last or second to last week of March.

1 Like

I’ll admit my stats aren’t great; my ECs and essays definitely made the difference.

1520 SAT (780 R, 740 M)
34 ACT
4.38 w, 3.83 uw (including 6 B’s, one of which was a B- in junior year, really gave me a scare!)
5 APs, 5 HLs (IB program)

ECs: founded 501(c)3 nonprofit that impacted 600+ and raised $11k+, filmmaker recognized by C-SPAN, Khan Academy, and Yale Medical School, variety of CS internships at Berkley, Carnegie Mellon, and UCSF, plus various competitions

I hope this assures anyone with low stats! You’re always more than a few numbers :+1:

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! Your stats are amazing… and you deserve it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I still can’t believe it haha

2 Likes

Your stats are very good even though you mention they are low. These upper tier schools like to recruit well-rounded students and not just admit those with all “A’s” and the highest standardized testing scores. You deserve to be admitted!

1 Like

On both! The UMich so active !!! Its insane! DD applied both.

1 Like

When does Vanaderbult results come out?

Thank you for your kind words! It’s nice to know that holistic review really does work its magic.

hopefully soon but i believe they came out march 29th last year so im not sure if there’s like a typical week day or if it’s just whenever they want

1 Like

Any idea on when decisions will be out?

Don’t know anything for sure yet. My best guess based on last year’s date is probably Monday the 28th at around 6pm EST or 5pm CST but that’s just a total guess.

4 Likes

do decisions normally come out at 5pm or 6pm EST?