Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

i unfortunately did not

I do not think anyone did. Also, lots of people that were able to register for admitted student events did not get email.

I wonder how universities are evaluating test optional. Here is what I mean…

Let’s say 4 students from the same high school apply to Vanderbilt. If they are all test optional, the AOs would understand that it was too difficult to take a standardized test in their area.

However, if 3 students submit an SAT, and a 4th goes TO, will they assume that the TO candidate just didn’t do well on the SAT? No school will ever admit to this, but it would be hard for them not to draw this conclusion.

1 Like

oh ok interesting … i wonder how strong of a correlation there’s going to be btwn those who were able to register for admitted student events and those who got accepted

First of all, wouldn’t it be great to be in this enviable situation where you’re spoiled for choices :grinning:

Secondly, it is definitely a very subjective and personal topic and depends upon what really matters to you. If you look through the lens of pragmatism, completely agree that $250K is a large amount of money that cannot be easily overlooked/dismissed. However, if you can afford it, why compromise on what you hold close to your heart.

Either which way, you can’t really go wrong - both are great choices and would be lucky/fortunate to have them!

1 Like

or if there’ll be any correlation at all

1 Like

very interesting!

I find this great since Vanderbilt did not simply do lip service to TO and it seems like - statistically speaking at least - actually did not disadvantage students who were TO. Kudos to the VU AO!

3 Likes

Guys, I didn’t apply for finaid so I wouldn’t have to lookout for a finaid email or idoc notification right?

1 Like

yeah, I personally applied with a score and I appreciate vanderbilt’s efforts to be honest.

1 Like

I’ve been getting spammed by IDOC and have no idea what university is requesting it lol

It doesn’t tell you in the email?

Some of us who Live in states that were solidly locked down genuinely had no opportunity to take the test. There was a legitimate reason that most colleges went test optional despite your flawed speculations

2 Likes

No. Maybe Im looking in the wrong places?

Full pay kids wouldn’t get that email so maybe the kids who could get into events but didn’t get email are full pay

1 Like

when did you get the email?

well now im sad idoc hasn’t been all up in my email :((

4 Likes

Same. It’s going to be a mental breakdown kind of night. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been getting a ton. I honestly have no clue. Probably means nothing

1 Like

I think someone who got the email could not get in to the events. And it was not IDOC request it was update on financial aid

1 Like