Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I applied to Peabody and was waitlisted. I would love to go to Vanderbilt! Any advice??
Thank you!

Accepted CAS:

3.9/4.4 UW/W GPA
Test Optional
Above average ECs (it’s subjective)
I tried hard on my essays and my teachers like me? (Again its subjective)
URM (not invited to MOSIAC? Hmm???)
Legacy
25/420 Rank
Intended Major: Neuroscience

(Accepted to Emory WashU, Waitlisted Williams and UMich)

4 Likes

Accepted Vandy and Emory. No scholarships. 1570, 14 AP’s, 4.0 UW Leadership at State Level in Health club, Cross-Country JV and professional dance awards. Waitlisted at UNC, Case-Western. Deferred at Yale.

3 Likes

The no scholarships is super frustrating isn’t it? Same here!

1 Like

Can someone make a poll on the admitted students event thing? I wonder if it actually portrayed the decision, or if it was simply a random bug.

Yes it is. It is a super competitive year with Covid & people taking gap years as well as test optional. It is what it is I guess.

2 Likes

D denied, but this was a definite reach school. First denial. 8 acceptances (including BC and Villanova) and 2 waitlists (UNC and UVA)

1 Like

D was accepted at Vandy today.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if what college you apply to within Vanderbilt affects your admission decision?

Waitlisted. When I tried the admitted students thing while it was up, I had access denied.

Gabrielli is impressive. Congrats!

Waitlisted!!! Not surprised, D applied on the last day, didn’t have time to apply for scholarships and didn’t really express the necessary interest.

So glad all of our admission decisions are over…the anxiety has been REAL! Congratulations to all, Vandy is an amazing school.

D is blessed to have other offers with merit money, WashU, USC, UVA, Umiami and Spellman are top choices.

You all will do great wherever you land, VU or elsewhere…wishing you all the best!

6 Likes

Your daughter has some great options. Congrats and best wishes for her journey.

1 Like

Rejected

3.83/4.4 UW/W
34 ACT superscore

Pretty good ECs, so far I have been accepted to Boston College, UF Honors, and Northeastern

1 Like

Mind boggling. No doubt you have other great choices though

Accepted w/ relatively low stats. Still dont know how I got in lol

1 Like

just committed and sent in my enrollment deposit!! congrats to everyone else accepted!

3 Likes

Sounds impressive. Reckon more than anything else, it is the fit with the rest of the class that Emory is looking to create . The admission process this year will likely have more head-scratchers versus prior due to the additional variables that have been introduced in the process.

Regardless, with credentials like this, you’ll be successful no matter where you go - all the best wherever you decide to go. All the best!

1 Like

@TimSmith76 where to? Meaning where is D going? Not sure yet!

yes, that’s what I meant. Good luck wherever she decides to go.