Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

The campus is stunning…it really is…

My daughter commented that she has no idea how she’s going to decide. And then how thankful she is to have such wonderful options, but making it very tough…

1 Like

Yes! We are thrilled. We actually visited last summer but the city was pretty locked down so in addition to revisitng the campus we’re hoping to get more of a taste of Nashville. We have reservations at The Listening Room Friday night to see some live music. How very 2019 right?

If accepted ED, isn’t she obligated to go there?

1 Like

We went to the Listening Room when touring Vanderbilt and Nashville. It was such a fun time! Enjoy!!

Love to hear that! We are also hitting the Country Music Hall of Fame which I hear is fascinating. My DS isn’t a huge country music fan but think its time to learn some appreciation! : )

My parents did the same to me! If the Nashville Trolley Tour is available and running, I highly recommend it. It’s a hop on and off concept and it’s running constantly so if you are ready to move on, there’s always a trolley near by. It stops at all the hot spots and more with a pickup/drop off stop at Vandy. This is who we did ours with! Have fun.

Accepted without any scholarship and don’t qualify for aid. Any idea on chances for still getting some scholarship money based on others with scholarships not accepting Vandy?

I am so sorry RD

I’m in the car, sleep deprived, and messed that up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes you can get on a waitlist for a work-study. It is about 2300 per year or something

1 Like

If I had known in advance, I’m thinking I could have arranged for my S or one of his friends to show you around campus or answer questions. I hope it was still worthwhile. The area is great and Nashville will be so fun again once we’re past Covid. Let me know if you have questions.

My DD (a Vandy sophomore) said that she has seen some families walking around campus with a campus map on self-tours and she has offered to help them if they had any questions and not one family/prospective student took her up on her offer of assistance, nor was she asked any questions. (And yes, she was masked, etc.) She was surprised because she thought there is more value to speaking with a current student, rather than peering inside a building that you can’t enter, to look inside a classroom that you can not officially observe/be a part of due to COVID restrictions.

In any event, if you encounter a student on campus, don’t be shy about asking questions. If you happen to encounter my DD, I promise you she will be happy to share her experiences–fully masked and from a safe distance! :smile:

2 Likes

I think they usually factor in that some students offered scholarships won’t attend when they make the initial offers, so I would think no additional scholarships will be given. Sorry

I wish we had run into her!!

We totally would have taken her up on it.

We only had one student ask and speak to us and we did chat with him for a minute.

Please tell her thanks for offering to help others :heart:

1 Like

I didn’t even think of asking on here…wish I had!!

Thanks for the offer

:slight_smile:

1 Like

got in test optional via mosaic got scholarship also LFG easy dubs telling you guys this process a crap shoot i got into uchicago vandy emory umich ross(oos) unc ulca ucb USC Marshall Presidential Scholar uva georgetown msb uc irvine boston college cmu tepper nyu ucsd umiami but i got rejected from Northwestern and no likely from an ivy so its very hard this year so count your blessings

Wow, what a list! Have you decided where you will attend?

Probably Georgetown as they gave me a full ride in aid or I will attend duke or maybe UPenn huntsman( deferred) by a long shot maube stanford. But I’ll decide maybe after I get aid situated

What is the best place to stay when visiting Vanderbilt?

Does anyone know by when we’ll get our financial aid offers?

I got mine when I was admitted (actually got an “Your Updated Financial Aid Offer” email a couple hours before decisions were released whoops lol)