Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

D23 waitlisted

Rejected.
A lot of rejections only 2 acceptances(1 safety and 1 target)
U at Buffalo and clemson.

Are any of them good for engineering?

waitlisted

What is the admit rate for waitlist from last year?

don’t know the exact numbers off the top of my head but it’s really generous compared to most schools. If you really want to go to vandy i recommend writing a LOCI and you still have a shot.

3 Likes

DS waitlisted too

1 Like

Rejected. This was my last school. Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

1 Like

Son waitlisted

Rejected.
A lot of rejections only 2 acceptances(1 safety and 1 target)
U at Buffalo and clemson.

Are any of them good for engineering?
Guess I’m waiting for ivy day.
Goodluck to everyone waiting and congrats on all the acceptances

2 Likes

Rejected :frowning:

Daughter waitlisted!

Sibling waitlisted. She was a little sad about this one. CompSci major, Dual Enrollment with Georgia Tech Math and CS. AP Calc and AP physics courses. Strong essays. Strong letters of rec. Just not a right fit for this year’s class and thats okay!

Accepted at Carnegie Mellon, Georgia Tech, UVA, UIUC, UGA, UMN, NC State.

6 Likes

D waitlisted to the College of Engineering. I’ve heard Vanderbilt has a lower yield rate - so being waitlisted is actually hopeful. Do they accept LOCI at this point?

1 Like

UB is good for engineering from what I’ve heard. Clemson i don’t know anything about so I can’t help you there! I’m going for engineering and keeping it high on my list as I’ve gotten almost a full ride to the school, everyone’s told me it’s a good engineering school for what it is.

Vandy makes their Common Data Set public so you can see admits from Wait List in previous years. Last year they enrolled 181 wait listed students. The wait list info in the portal says they have averaged admitting 11% over the last 5 years.

5 Likes

My portal is broken T^T

Unsure of what to do, is it like this for anyone?

Yeah nothing is showing after I log in

Mine too. My checklist and options disappeared, but no result. I applied ED1- maybe that has something to do with it?

I applied ED2. I think it is like this for deferred people

1 Like