Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

That’s interesting. Hopefully it means something good!

I hope as well. I tried calling them but the office is closed

1 Like

I have heard they are need aware for the WL though.

2 Likes

Rejected
National merit finalist top 10 of class 1550 SAT four year varisty 2 year varisty lots of club leadership positions and over 350 volunteer hours from one activity. Guess my essays aren’t too hot ?

2 Likes

My son applied ED and was accepted. Think the portal is just slow to load

1 Like

Really, mine isn’t even loading

1 Like

I’ve tried 4 browsers and 3 devices… hoping it’s just a connection error though

The 11% is the percent of the total class that is admitted from the waitlist. It’s NOT the percent of the waitlist that is admitted. They haven’t reported total waitlist numbers since 2014 when they offered 6,018 waitlist spots, 4539 of whom accepted and 210 admitted – much less than 11% but still a lot better chances than other schools.

2 Likes

Was he accepted from deferral or at the time of ED decision release?

2 Likes

Clemson is excellent for engineering. It will be a very different campus vibe than UBuffalo so look into campus life when making your decision. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Waitlisted

1 Like

Waitlisted. Kiddo has never seen the campus. I know they can’t attend any admitted students days, but wondering if it’s worth it to tour so if the opportunity presented itself, a more informed decision could happen.

Son was waitlisted.

Anyone else still blank?

Waitlisted!

D23 waitlisted.

Accepted: UCLA, Georgia Tech(full ride), UGA, UNC Chapel Hill
Waitlisted: Vanderbilt
Rejected: USC
Waiting: 12 more schools.

3 Likes

My son was rejected. His stats are top 1570 SAT, 4.0 UW/4.3 W NMF, Eagle Scout, other fine ECs, but nothing overly outstanding. He is white upper class.
I thought his essays were decent for this one. He has several top 50 schools and is grateful, but all of our last schools are top 25, so it’s rough.
Congrats to everyone that did get accepted.

5 Likes

Waitlisted. 3.9+ GPA, 1550+ SAT, 15+ APs, some humanities/olympiad/research ECs. Pretty miffed since it’s my fourth WL in a row (Northwestern, GT, CMU, now Vandy) so hoping it doesn’t carry into ivy day - but it probably will.

2 Likes

Similar to my son. Rejected from Northwesten, waitlisted Georgia Tech, Carnegie, and Vanderbilt. Two more decisions later this week which I’m not too hopeful about. 36 ACT, great grades, 13 APs, Eagle Scout, leadership, blah, blah, blah.

3 Likes

I got in!

8 Likes