Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

Class of 2027 regular decision stats: Class of 2027 Regular Decision Summary Statistics | The Vandy Admissions Blog | Vanderbilt University

6 Likes

I’ve been on this forum since October 2022, hoping for good news after my ED1 deferral. It’s been too long, but I’m happy to say that I was ADMITTED to Vanderbilt :black_heart: :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

congrats!!! Is it still your #1 ?

most definitely, I’d like to visit campus before making a definite decision, though!!

1 Like

Neither is in the 50 top, but U Buffalo SUNY seems to be ranked a little higher, if you don’t mind the snow!

huge congrats! you will love! so happy for you!

She wasn’t sure about this being THE school, and we don’t have the funds to go there without considerable aid. It wasn’t a gamble we were willing to take to ED somewhere, especially since she likes some other schools. Which is why we understand. We know Vandy is very specific on crafting their class on people who are really showing promise in going, and a waitlist is still great!

This makes sense to us. Our daughter is from the PNW and has no connection to Vanderbilt so I’m sure it was challenging to see her as deeply committed to attending. She doesn’t have a #1 because the financial piece is driving everything but my hunch is that her application didn’t read like a student who was “all in” on Vanderbilt.

accepted to vandy, but mine still shows in progress. slate is kinda useless

1 Like

How does my student submit a LOCI? The website does not list the email for the admissions counselor and there was no answer when he called the office.

there should be a spot on the portal

edit: found it, go to upload materials → student waitlist update

1 Like

Great, thanks. We couldn’t find it the first time we looked.

1 Like

Stats?

1 Like

What were your stats?

W&L is a very prestigious school – I think it’s the best college in Virginia, a state with several great ones.

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It’s hard when people are bragging about Ivies and big-name schools; the lesser-known schools get overlooked.

2 Likes

Indeed - the argument could be made that W&L is the most academically prestigious LAC in the South, or maybe tied with Davidson. It’s definitely a win to be admitted there, IMO.

3 Likes

In case helpful, in 2014 Vandy waitlisted 4,536 and accepted 210. That’s the last year of WL data because after Vandy’s Douglas Christiansen was interviewed for a 2016 WaPo article “Top Colleges put thousands of applicants in wait-list limbo, and some won’t admit any,” Vandy wiped their Common Data Set WL data for prior years and stopped including it. So much for the Christiansen’s assertions about Vandy’s “intent with the wait list is to be upfront, transparent, fair and expedited
” Good luck y’all!

They do have the number of admits from the waitlist in CDS not the number of waitlist offers. Vandy is known for its massive waitlist offers

3 Likes

I wish all schools would be very upfront with the data - how many they waitlist and how many usually come off. It seems unfair not to set realistic expectations. It also seems unnecessary to keep such huge waitlists. I am currently on 12 waitlists!!! - including at my top 3 schools. Luckily I do have some really good options and I understand that the waitlist is a very slim chance so I am doing my LOCI’s and then I’m going to focus on my current options and current decision. HOWEVER, I have lots of friends who totally don’t understand the slim chances waitlists offer. It doesn’t serve students to hide this information, but then I guess helping students isn’t their main intention. Sigh.

3 Likes