Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes, that’s what I heard as well.

He received an email to check his portal. The info was in his portal.

Thanks!

1 Like

how do you send mid year updates to the portal? Is it from the common app or login to the portal and upload?

1 Like

Our college counselor sent in the midterm transcript for all students.

I believe there is also a place on some school portals to self report grades and to upload new materials.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes school did it too but nothing reflects on the portal. I was looking for a sure way to confirm.

1 Like

Our applicant was able to see in each school portal that the first semester senior year grades were downloaded by each school. But they had to go into each school individually to check.

2 Likes

It wasn’t obvious though, had to click a few buttons to see the information (wish I could be more specific, but I was just watching so can’t explain how to do it).

2 Likes

You were asked on the Vanderbilt application if you planned to apply to them and if so I believe you checked off the appropriate one. I don’t know exactly the timing but at some point you gained access to the specific scholarship application for the one you selected on the initial Vandy application. I don’t think it was available right away when you submitted your general application.

And even if you applied RD, you had to submit your application by Nov 1 to be eligible.

But anyone was able to apply if they wished to do so and met the deadline.

2 Likes

You can see on the Common App whether or not the school downloaded the midyear report. After signing in you click on “My Colleges,” then click on the school, then click on “Recommenders and FERPA” and you will be able to see if the school downloaded the midyear report and on which date. Most schools had it on their portal checklist but I also noticed Vanderbilt did not so I checked the Common App to make sure they received it.

6 Likes

Has anyone received notification about the Cornelius Vanderbilt scholarship yet?

1 Like

Nothing yet for us.

2 Likes

Nothing

Nothing yet. Did they indicate a notification date?

No. I don’t believe any of the “big 3” have been awarded yet except for students in MOSIAC.

Generally before the 10th of March so sometime next week.

1 Like

They’d announce scholarships before RD decisions? You mean for those getting scholarships, they announce RD decisions sooner?

yes

I think in MOSAIC today, they mentioned next week.

1 Like

What is the decision date?

1 Like

My son applied RD and he applied for the Cornelius Vanderbilt scholarship. It is my understanding that he will hear news about the CV scholarship this week?? If he does not get the scholarship, I suppose he will wait and hear about RD acceptance/denial more toward the end of March

5 Likes