Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

Are all the decisions out or only to the ones with scholarships?

1 Like

Does it say on 4/1 or by 4/1?

1 Like

Sorry it is BY

1 Like

Same here.

Admitted with CV scholarship in RD. Received an email around 7 pm EST today.

7 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Looks like we are applying to the same schools. :laughing:

2 Likes

My daughter heard today and she got the CV scholarship!

6 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Was the Carrell Scholarship awarded today?

no, these will come later. today were only CV, chancellor, and ingram.

2 Likes

My son applied RD and for the CV. He received an email around 9pm (est) last night that he did not receive the scholarship. That takes Vanderbilt off the table for us bc IF admitted, it will be full sticker price. No worries, he’s got lots of other options he likes. Congratulations to those who received!! Huge honor!!

8 Likes

Good luck to your son. Vanderbilt offers some other merit-based scholarships I believe and that will be announced at the time of the decision. This is in addition to their need-based financial aid.

3 Likes

Do you know how much are those merit based awards? Thanks

1 Like

No idea. They mentioned that in the scholarship denial email :slight_smile:

1 Like

My DS got CV scholarship with a CV scholarship letter, an admission letter, and a FA letter. CV is a full-tuition ride for 4 years.

The letter says that:

“Congratulations! You have been selected as a Cornelius Vanderbiltscholarship recipient. You are among a most select group of Vanderbilt applicants—in fact, less than 1% of first-year applicantswere selected to receive this prestigious scholarship. As a Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar, you will receive a full-tuition (up to 18 hours persemester) scholarship for four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study, plus a stipend of up to $6,000 to be used for anapproved immersive experience, summer study abroad, research investigation, or other approved experience following your sophomore or junior year. If you applied for need-based financial aid and your demonstrated need is greater than the amount of your merit scholarship, you will receive additional need-based scholarship assistance to meet 100% of your demonstrated need.”

And he got the additional need-based FA meeting 100% of our FAFSA EFA amount without having any loan and workstudy offer.

9 Likes

That is amazing. Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

I also got the CV scholarship but how long does it take for the additional need based aid to come? I need a fullride to attend colleges.

2 Likes

Wow!! Congratulations :confetti_ball: Do you mind sharing his stats?

1 Like

Are you aware if students who missed the merit deadline are eligible for these?

2 Likes