Vanderbilt University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Vanderbilt University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

4.3 GPA (9 AP courses, honors program, never made below highest grade offered), 35 ACT taken one time junior year, National merit semi-finalist, Hispanic National Scholar, AP scholar, Student Council, basketball player/manager, several other activities, special interest clubs and community service work, some in leadership positions, but nothing that really stands out among them.

1 Like

Should I send 1470 on the sat to vanderbilt as an international student or go test optional?

I recently took a tour of Harvard and the Harvard student guide said he scored a 1450…I would send a 1470 to Vanderbilt

1 Like

Who can request and how an interview with Vanderbilt?

Here is information about the interview process. Even if you request one once you have applied, you may not be given an interview if there are not enough alums in the area. However, don’t worry as it will not affect your chance of admission.

https://admissions.vanderbilt.edu/apply/interview-program/

are students supposed to send mid-semester grades if they applied ED? When? should they submit themselves via the portal or have it sent from the guidance office? I can’t find anything that explicitly says Vandy requires them, but I have heard rumors they do…

1 Like

does vanderbilt give any hints that you will be admitted

4 Likes

are students supposed to send mid-semester grades if they applied ED? When? should they submit themselves via the portal or have it sent from the guidance office? I can’t find anything that explicitly says Vandy requires them. her grades are pretty good but if they don’t ask for them…

1 Like

My DD school automatically sends mid-year reports to all schools she has applied to regardless of EA, ED, RD. May want to just email Vanderbilt admission and ask whether to send or not.

I agree

def agree. Wow 1450 for Harvard, must have had some awesome Hooks.

1 Like

Has anyone received an invitation for an interview? Dd applied ed and requested an inverview but crickets.

My daughter applied ED and had an alumni interview. The interviewer graduated a couple months ago so I doubt she has much influence. I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

is it true that Vanderbilt never defers ED applicants to the RD round, it’s either you get in or you are rejected?

My understanding is that normally, if you’re rejected ED, you are no longer a candidate.

But, they did defer for ED last year for the “first time”

Search “pure joy Vanderbilt early decision” and you’ll see the Vanderbilt Hustler article I’m referencing…

3 Likes

has anyone received a request to upload first quarter/marking period grades?
I know some of top tier schools do, wondering if Dec 2 was too late to send them to make any difference in a decision.

My daughter did not get a request for this but she uploaded and sent them on her own anyway about a week ago. Her guidance counselor said unless he is asked he doesn’t send. But we figured how could it hurt if her grades are good?

same…my son asked his counselor to update all his EA colleges because he did fantastic MP1 but in addition submitted to Vanderbilt on his own as he was worried the counselor might take some time to get to it. Hoping it’s gonna make some positive impact even this close to the decision time :pray:

1 Like

Hey, my withdraw button vanished. Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean my decision has been uploaded?

1 Like