Vanderbilt Waitlist 2027

So does that mean we should be expecting some good news soon?

1 Like

Got email as well. Is this the 2nd wave?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking too

If you have another recommendation do you where recommender sends to as there is not an online pdf available on portal? Any help much appreciated.

After my counselor recommendation for the application, I had my relative who is an alumni of Vanderbilt write a letter of recommendation for me. She sent it directly to the office of admissions. As long as itā€™s sent there, it will get added to your file.

Thank you so much. Good luck to you!

Did anybody hear back from them today?

I doubt they would send anything so soon. They gave until Sunday to answer the email yesterday.

1 Like

No not an email Sunday, but maybe this Monday or Tuesday after they find out how many wish to remain on the waitlist.

Since they gave everyone until Sunday to respond as to whether they wish to remain on the waitlist, I would think that they would wait to send any more offers out until after Monday.

Should we expect something tomorrow?

Possibly, but if it happens I think it would be more likely later in the week.

I understand schools only give a few days to decide. What happens if another waitlist spot at another school opens up later on? Can kids switch again?

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s why WL movement often creeps into the summer.

I guess just losing $500 deposit is the price of this game

1 Like

Unfortunately yes.

1 Like

Is this a new thing? I donā€™t think I remember this happening before.

Not a new thing at all - college decision day is May 1. If colleges go to their waitlists selected students give up the deposit they paid by May 1st to another school if they change direction. Each time they ā€œchange directionā€ they would lose another deposit. The more time that goes on housing can become non-refundable too.

1 Like

I feel like it probably wouldā€™ve been out by now if it was happening today? Idk though Iā€™m trying to remain hopeful.

1 Like

Has anybody heard from them today or know of anyone getting in recently?